Spray Lake in Toronto is closing! Anyone know info or other sites?

torontoboater

• Baller

Hi all,

I just heard that sadly, Spray Lake waterski centre, located near Toronto, Ontario has been sold to a developer.  Does anyone have any information about that, and whether it will continue to operate in some fashion.  And if not, if there are any other sites in/near Toronto which may replace it?  Other than McClintocks, which is a bit far from Toronto, I don't know of other slalom sites in the area.  Thanks so much for any info you may have. 

• Baller_

There is a private lake on the Niagara peninsula where Harold Hittringer skis in the summer. 

Three sites in Ottawa. 

There is also a lake hear Toronto  named for the province. Not sure it has any ski sites though. 

And  FYI Yankees, it’s Torono, not Toronto. The second T is silent. 

Lpskier

• Baller
12 hours ago, lpskier said:

There is a private lake on the Niagara peninsula where Harold Hittringer skis in the summer. 

Three sites in Ottawa. 

There is also a lake hear Toronto  named for the province. Not sure it has any ski sites though. 

And  FYI Yankees, it’s Torono, not Toronto. The second T is silent. 

FYI Yankees, The second T is only silent on the east coast, since a good chunk of you are west coasters feel free to pronounce it properly lol.

• Like 1

• Baller_

@TayntonBeing a northern New Yorker (about 60 miles south of the border) I have lots of friends from Toronto. They universally pronounce it with the second T silent. But then they pronounce Vancouver “Vancouver,” not “Vancoover,” as I hear it pronounced from time to time in western Canada. When in Rome, I like to say, do as the Romans do.  

FYI, my three favorite mountains to ski in North America  are in western Canada: Whistler, Blackcomb and Fernie. Now that’s some skiing! 

I’ll give myself an “off topic” for this one. 

Edited by lpskier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lpskier

• Baller_

@lpskier, it is pronounced with the second T silent in the song "This Beat Goes On" by The Kings, who were from both Ontario and Vancouver.

Hey Judy, get Trudy You said to call you up if I was feeling moody Hey little Donna, still wanna You said to ring you up when I was in Toronto

Edited by MISkier
  • Like 1

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Lol - Toronto tomato Toronto potato. Whatever.

There are a few courses up in Muskoka. I have one, another on go home Lake (Rob C), a few on Muskoka, one on long Lake in Bala, Bush's, Faerie Lake in Huntsville, a private one on swan Lake just outside of Port Carling, and I'm sure many, many more. Any "sites"? Bush's would be the best bet.  But I have a barbeque and a hot tub, and I'm happy to tow 🙂

• Like 3