2023 Stokes Vest unboxing

Horton

• Baller

Hi All ,

Yes the VelocityX is the new vest we have, its a hybrid of the NITRO vest and EVO2 vests that were so popular.  The NITRO had a very nice base Neoprene that we used for the velocityX and then used the design i.e. padding jacket length of the EVO2. 

So far we've heard good things, Stevie Island has been wearing for 2 years now with no visible issues and still the same fit as when he first started wearing it, so no sagging, loss of elasticity etc. 

If you have any Q's on the vest feel free to ask. 

Cheers

Thomas Asher

• Like 1

• Baller

Hey @steeliejunkienot sure on the comparisons but I know for a non CGA vest ours floats very well.  We have good amount of padding around the shoulders and upper torso so provides a big more buoyancy, also not holding water helps significantly as well. 

@wawaskragain i'm not sure on the comparison.  I just know that i've heard positive things regarding the flotation our vests provide. 

Thanks

Thomas Asher

• Like 2

• Baller

@Thomasasheris there any difference in the vests aside from colors?  I have a Rebel Star and love it.  

@wawaskr My old vest was an Oneil Slasher.  The stokes has a fair bit more flotation.  I really liked my oneil, it fit well, was super comfortable and had zero restrictions.  When i first put my Stokes on it felt a little different and bulkier which i was a little worried about but my worries were not warranted.    I spent all of last season in my Stokes and I can tell you my next vest will be another Stokes.  It's really good. 

• Thanks 1

• Baller

@Danogreat you love the rebel star vest, good to hear.  Hope it serves you well for many years.  Their are small differences between our vests, but all our vests are made with the same padding pattern.  The VelocityX does not have a hemmed waist, all our other vests do.  The VelocityX also has a slightly different Neoprene for a base layer.  Otherwise all our vests are very similiar. 

Cheers @epnaultwe really wanted a material that would hold its shape for a long time.  Glad your getting the same fitting vest every set.  Hopefully get another great summer coming up.

• Baller

Seriously, if you get a Stokes properly sized for you-I don't think you will ever buy anything else.  Better fitting, more durable than anything I had owned prior.  Suits rock too--best shorty I've owned--Camaro was cool but not as durable(like no comparison--sorry being honest)  Stokes seem to run small order a size up.  I have no ownership/sponsorship interest and am trying to be as objective as possible.      

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1