Does leaning harder make you go faster across course?

Horton

• Baller

I think that clip shows the answer is yes, provide you can maintain your position the entire time you should be accelerating. 

Recently I have been taking more angle than I could hold into center with all the expected results.  Today I used a technique I've used in the past that helps moderate the angle I take and everything worked better.  I was able to maintain position with the angle I carried into the wakes.  

If you can maintain position then I think more lean translates to more speed.

• Baller

Pretty sure Regina can pull anything out.

That crazy offside wheelie turn where her ski rotates then points at the sky, then down course, then drops into strong cross-course angle. And yes lean, stacked with rope line leading her feet. 

BB525239-FB3D-4A6C-B71E-6B439277EE06.jpeg

B7BCED7C-15E2-4362-94E4-06DCB19B93B7.jpeg

D0F9D6C9-8FB7-4448-8F8E-A68A02FA0E6C.jpeg

2110E70C-FE43-4A0A-B3A2-4019345AC2CC.jpeg

34285743-CE46-4FF4-AC22-9FE70E46DAFB.jpeg

775ECA7E-9D35-46E2-BD2E-A1D8EC6BCAD0.jpeg

A4DBC51E-BD1E-4F83-9660-378F6B419C5E.jpeg

• Like 5

• Baller

Are there any still pics from above looking straight down on a skier from a drone? I have seen videos from above, but they are usually following behind the skiier. I would love to see the angle of the ski and the orientation of a skier's body from that perspective. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

@MichaelWiebe I assume MMW is you? You are a much more technical and skilled skier than Dave. Your wake crossings are far better as are your turns. Dave is just a beast ( no offence to whoever Dave is ) You need to work on your connection and I think you are super narrow on your gate which makes EVERYTHING harder. 

To the point of this thread.... Dave is not efficient at making speed.  He leans hard. On your early passes you are efficient. 

Where is that site?

• Like 1

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

The above images of Regina is not what anyone wants to try to do. She is working super hard and a short line lengths after a near catastrophic error. 9

@jjackkrash if you watch Fred or Nate or many of the other skiers I think they lean enough to keep the angle they have and no more until they panic.

My current thinking is that leaning more rolls the ski over farther and that builds load and speed.

I think difference between the elite and slobs like me is where the skiers center of mass is in relation to their feet. The more forward your mass- the more your ski resists down course slide, the flatter & higher your ski in the water. The result is more speed with less load - the Holy Grail! 

• Like 1

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can