How many balls do you gain if you slow the boat by 2 mph?

Horton

How many balls do you gain if you slow the boat by 2 mph?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many balls do you gain if you slow the boat by 2 mph?

• 5 or more
    • I do not know or do not ski the course or some other non-conforming answer.

• Administrators

So I sort of confused this but I was trying to make 2 polls. One for how many balls do you think you would gain and how many would you lose with a 2 mph change. 

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@Horton this data will be kinda flawed and useless, the gain of buoys is also dependent on the person's 'hardest' line length, the longer the line the easier it will be for them to pick up a greater number of buoys, also initial increase in buoy count is prevalent, once someone becomes accustomed to the new speed they do not tend to excel as much especially those at shorter lines. Lots of guys who mess in 38 at 34mph then drops to 32mph wind up running it right away, after a short period (same summer) they tend to drop back to struggling to complete the pass again. Not all but the majority.

• Like 4

• Administrators

@jayski I agree. The purpose of the polls is to see what people think and flush out ideas about the topic.

I do not hear much about the slow down from 36 to 34. I think we have mostly all accepted that.

The move from 34 to 32 gets some pushback. The biggest issue is the skiers in older groups who are slowing from 32 to 30 or from 30 to 28.  I guess as we get older we all get grumpier about everything? fa87a4aa3343c8063a073e8f11be03b29c8f12e7e1973f5b4f6808bf4e0760fd.jpg

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I ran 35 off 36 very occasionally at M2.  First tourney M3 at 34 mph no training at that speed 5@38.  Became a mostly mid-to-deep 38 off skier with 38 dropping sometimes, quite a few in my best seasons.  Kicking to 36 mph for fun could then smoke 35 off 36 mph pretty consistently, and ran some 35 off 34 mph straight off the starting dock sometimes to get under my ski partners skin a little bit if he was talking smack (not you, Bob!)

• Like 1