Need a new Catanium head

ghutch

• Baller

I know this is just being picky. But what you are referring to is not a head. It's an exhaust manifold with built in catalytic converter.  Non converter manifolds might work, but probably won't sync with the ECM. Might be able to replace the ECM, but expensive and might not work. Jody knows best. Consider Repower. You have a great boat which should last another 10 years.

• Baller

GHUTCH you are welcome at No wake anytime as well as any other ballofspray people coming thru Chattanooga. I am retired now and can meet people at No Wake most anytime.

I sent you a PM with my contact information.

We start skiing in March or April depending on weather. Good luck getting your boat issue resolved.

Tom Smothers (oldmanskier)

• Like 4

• Baller
12 hours ago, Lars said:

Would a manifold from a newer engine bolt up? 

The new manifolds are enormous in comparison to those older ones, that might be the issuers there.

OP if the only leak is that external leak how about welding or epoxy? Also what's with all the mud?

Edited by jhughes
  • Like 1

• Baller

Thx for the replies and suggestions. I was advised to contact Skip Dunlap regarding the manifolds (sorry I said heads earlier) and  I believe he has me on the right track. Trying to get this taken care of for a buddy before spring gets here. 

• Baller
23 hours ago, Andre said:

Even more sad that it's NLA for a 2012...

Agree. These boats sure don't have long term support and parts availability  (OEM or aftermarket) that automobiles do.  I have a tonnnn of spare parts for my 2015 Prostar and while don't really plan to use them any time soon (or ever?) , I'm glad I have them as it was a buy-once, cry once situation that guarantees my boat will outlast all the others, and it was way cheaper to buy some parts than it would be to keep a newer or in-warranty boat.  I'd hate for a single obsolete part to make the whole boat essentially worthless. 

• Baller
22 hours ago, Mastercrafter said:

Agree. These boats sure don't have long term support and parts availability  (OEM or aftermarket) that automobiles do.

I'd hate for a single obsolete part to make the whole boat essentially worthless. 

Just wait until the boats with touchscreen fully integrated helm controls go belly up. There are going to be a lot of junk boats in 15-20 years when things fail and replacements are unavailable. You can't simply wire in a new switch anymore.

The CANbus messaging could be reverse engineered, but there is not money in this market like there is in automobiles so it'll never happen.

Edited by BrennanKMN
  • Like 1

• Baller
16 hours ago, BrennanKMN said:

Just wait until the boats with touchscreen fully integrated helm controls go belly up. There are going to be a lot of junk boats in 15-20 years when things fail and replacements are unavailable. You can't simply wire in a new switch anymore.

The CANbus messaging could be reverse engineered, but there is not money in this market like there is in automobiles so it'll never happen.

Yeah, even less extreme than full digital helm, I’m heard of some ~2010 Mastercraft surf/wake boats that had a failed digital screen control, albeit small, but it was going to cost like $12k to replace because they basically don’t exist anymore. Used to be a $1500 part. This info came from a repeatable dealers service department. Not really heading in a good direction.