ski schools

bdave6er

• Baller

You'd have a great time visiting forest lake in MI, the liquid edge in Illinois, or swerve in Tennessee.  Reach out to them to discuss but all have private sites and people who are passionate. 

But beyond that the Coble recommendation probably excellent.  Longer drove depending where but those three sites have owners that would curate skiing for you and the kids.

I own a private waterski lake in Athens Ohio and I give ski lessons to kids of all ages.  My lake is called Yellow Dog Lake.  Ohio University uses the lake for their waterski teams home training sight.  I have kids 15, 12, and 10 who all ski so I have equipment for all sizes. Get ahold of me and we can set something up. 

• Like 2

• Baller

For what you're looking for, don't be afraid to contact the OWSA (Ohio Waterski Association)! They do junior development clinics every summer and have a bunch of good coaches who can help teach kids on a boom. They're on Facebook, or you can go to their website: skiowsa.com 

If you are in Northeast Ohio, you could also contact the Chippewa Lake Waterski Show team. Every weekend they teach new people how to ski on their booms. https://chippewaskiteam.com/contact/ or dm their instagram account: @chippewa_ski_team

For ski schools specifically, the closest one I'm aware of would be McClintock's Ski School in Ontario, Canada. It's under 5 hours away from Cleveland. Next closest would be Swerve as mentioned above which is a little over 5hrs away from Cincinnati 

• Baller
On 1/3/2023 at 7:39 PM, Jaypro said:

call @theboardingschool travis and Freddie are the super fun and great!

And it’s all about the water. The Boarding School has unbelievably flat water. I skied there almost weekly for 6 months and NEVER had bad water. It’s almost always like glass.