Horton

Fat?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Have you gained weight

• I gained 5 or more
    • I fained 5 or less
    • I have not gained a pound
    • I am down a few pounds
    • I do not know - I am afraid of the scale.

• Baller

Travelling for work increased drastically over the last 5 months.  I have not mastered the art of getting a good workout in a hotel.  I also have not mastered the art of heathy eating and drinking when entertaining customers and co-workers.  

• Like 1

• Baller

Going on 11 weeks after total right knee replacement. When my wife had her knee replaced she lost 10 to 15 lbs. Not me I gained 10 pounds. I am Back to working out 6 days a week. 3 days weights and 3 days cardio. I eat pretty clean but I need to cut way back on portion sizes which is hard for me to do. Currently 216. Hope to be 200 or less by April when my ski season usually starts. My Momma said I was not fat just Huskey.

Tom Smothers (oldmanskier) 

• Baller

I weighed in at a bloated 224#s December 26 when I started my annual cut.  This year I will weigh in under 205#s by Feb 1 and under 195#s by March 12.  I will be somewhere in the mid 180s for next years Regionals.  Last year it took me until August to hit 190 but I am starting lighter and much earlier on this years cut.    

Edited by jjackkrash

• Baller

@tjs1295, I love to eat lots and lots of crap food so I do for at least the fall and early winter.  I generally weight train in the fall and winter when my back allows so it's actually not so bad strength training wise.  But then I need to shed pounds for skiing and that sucks but it is what it is.  I've never been able to maintain an "ideal weight" and generally head one direction or the other.  

• Baller

Weight increased through October and November due to the combination of end of Canadian waterski season, holiday travelling and weekend socializing. Was trending back towards ski weight when the Christmas season hit. Fortunately I have 4 months to get where I want to be before skiing starts up again. Combination of booze reduction and gym time will get me where I want to be.

• Baller

My office moved, went from a third floor to a first, much more "optimized" floor plan doing the same work went from almost 20K steps a day to less than 4000 steps.  Used to be walkable to some of my sites and now its all driving.

Got a longer commute and all told up 10 pounds since June.  Still in my ski size though, haven't crossed into needing a bigger vest or longer ski.

• Baller
On 1/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, jjackkrash said:

I weighed in at a bloated 224#s December 26 when I started my annual cut.  This year I will weigh in under 205#s by Feb 1 and under 195#s by March 12.  I will be somewhere in the mid 180s for next years Regionals.  Last year it took me until August to hit 190 but I am starting lighter and much earlier on this years cut.    

203 this morning.  Boo ya.  

• Like 1

• Baller

I figure the first 6 to 8 pounds is water/bloat from eating holiday shit; then the next 12 or so pounds is a grudge match.  I, personally, cut to one solid meal for dinner.  No snacks during the day except for water or coffee or a shot of fish oil.  6 nights a week I alternate between high protein, low fat, no carbs (think steak or chicken and nothing else except maybe some raw spinach/bell peppers), and then the next night higher fat, medium proteins, and no carbs (think bacon and eggs and cheese or something and some greens like raw spinach).  On day seven I blow out a tray of pastries/cookies for dinner to spike insulin and get the hormones/metabolism back up for the next six days and do it again.  I can generally cut 3 pounds a week after the initial water drain if I'm disciplined.  So short answer, some of its water but I'm also down into different belt and pant sizes.  

Edited by jjackkrash
  • Heterodox 1

• Baller

@oldmanskierI too am just into 10 weeks after TKR and have also gained 10lbs, for the past 2 years I have been doing a pretty hardcore kickboxing class for my cardio and for obvious reasons have not been doing that or any other cardio. I hope to get back at it in a couple weeks from now. Do you have any pain left, are you happy with the new knee so far?

• Baller

Ronny61: My right knee is doing great and no pain. Still trying to get the full strength back. I had a right hip replacement in 2020 and never got full strength back for example going up steps. Currently need to lose 20 lbs. and working out 6 days a week. 3 days full body dumbbell workout and 3 days cardio. Plan to get back to skiing in April when my ski partner returns form living in Colorado for the winter snow skiing. Hope you get back to 100% with your knee. 

Tom Smothers (oldmanskier)

• Like 1

• Baller

I fluctuate +/- 5lb from 180 and have for the last 10 years or so. I'm 35, I was 165 at the end of high school. I made a massive effort to eat more and higher fat/protein foods to not constantly be struggling with a lack of energy and hunger. Most of the fluctuation is water weight I imagine. But I'm about to start a bit of weight training which I haven't done in years, so let's see what that does.