There are suddenly boats for sale

Horton

• Administrators

Ok I am not sure it is sudden but if you looked at SIA 6 months ago it was slim pickings. Now there are a lot of current model boats.

https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&sorton=7

Also you may note there is a SIA boat link in the main menu.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

There are 45 posts from the Dec 29th. Not sure if those are really new posts or refreshed listings. Anyway there are boats out there again and prices might be down a tiny bit from the peak. 

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_

@S1Pitts, I believe that boat is actually a Ball Of Spray official boat.   I've skied it and driven back several years ago and liked it.  I know the owners and believe it to be well cared for.  In fact, I think they were promo boat drivers for Centurion at one point.

• Like 2

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I noticed this trend as well. When I bought my boat in the spring of '21 there was nothing. I think there were 20 something listings on SIA. There has been over 100 for several months now, and I haven't seen it dip below 140 for a few months. Prices are moving, but slowly. Still not quite at the right place for '21+ Prostars for me, but most of those boats are essentially new.

• Baller

I have been waiting for a build slot for two years (I threw my name on the list and have an order number and good relationship with my dealer but I still don't have a build slot).  I'd like to flip my boat if it makes sense before the hours climb too much but I want to see what the Delta is on the trade.  My current boat is pretty dialed in so no worries either way.  

Edited by jjackkrash

• Baller

Just sold a 21 Prostar. there were 1 or 2 for sale in June / July and I can now see 20 Prostar (21-22) for sale on ski-it-again. The used price went down about 10k.

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

• Baller
On 1/1/2023 at 10:25 PM, Horton said:

well ok then it is awesome 

@Horton the 6L CP still is pretty awesome and until this year nothing but standard maintenance, (New Packing Nut installed this winter) so much fun to drive and ski behind.   I am surprised it is still for sale but as you noticed, there appears to be 'more boats than buyers' at the moment.

• Like 2

• Administrators

@MitchellMOnlyInBoards sort of pisses me off. The will take any listing and I know for a fact that skiers have been scammed by listings there. I reported scam listings to them repeatedly in the past that they just ignored me. ( I am guilty of holding a grudge. ) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
7 minutes ago, Horton said:

@MitchellMOnlyInBoards sort of pisses me off. The will take any listing and I know for a fact that skiers have been scammed by listings there. I reported scam listings to them repeatedly in the past that they just ignored me. ( I am guilty of holding a grudge. ) 

Horton.. only inboards or boat trader? Only inboards seems to have way less nonsense but boat trader.. no thanks. That black 6.2 is back on there for sale in TX now, ha

• Baller

We’ve got a 2021 prostar with a 6.2 about to go up on boat trader. 

its available now just don’t have pics yet. 
PM me if you are looking for 6.2. It’s the best engine for that hull. 
Pros are absolutely living 6.2 on the pro star.

• Baller
12 hours ago, mbabiash said:

We’ve got a 2021 prostar with a 6.2 about to go up on boat trader. 

its available now just don’t have pics yet. 
PM me if you are looking for 6.2. It’s the best engine for that hull. 
Pros are absolutely living 6.2 on the pro star.

Please send PM with price, boat details (options, colors, hours, etc...).  I might be interested.

• Baller

@Jayproyou need to drag that thing down to Tennessee. Those UT boys would be all over it! I know of a 2023 at a dealership that had the deal fall through. You could have a factory, brand new, one in your driveway tomorrow, but it’s gonna cost you an extra $60 G’s. They also have a 5 hour 50th anniversary but Jaypro’s price smokes that one too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Baller

Hey Wish,

I don't know whether to thank you or cuss at you.  That boat is exactly what I am looking for at the moment, but I have so much stuff on my plate right now and I am trying to pay off a ton of crap so I can have time and money be a better waterskier.  I keep debating about if I should go down there and look at it.  I think I will try to go down there and look at it this weekend unless some other sucker buys it before then.  

Is that one of Chip DeBus's old boats?

Cheers

Ryan

• Baller

No that wasn't me.  I drove myself nuts thinking about if I should get it, but I ultimately decided that the timing wasn't right for me.  We are working on taking care of things that prevented me from getting this one, so hopefully we can jump on the next one.

-Ryan

• Baller
58 minutes ago, teammalibu said:

We have a 15 Prostar for saleand ready to make a deal!

Details?.. and how good of a deal? I'd PM you but Ball of Spray isn't currently working on desktop Chrome, and this thread is hidden on mobile Chrome.

@horton, are there others with this issue? It's like two totally different forums depending on my device. 

Edited by Mastercrafter

• Baller

@swc5150  for some reason (boat geek) every day I look for MasterCrafts and Ski Nautiques for sale even though I have a boat I am happy with.  I saw this one the same day as you and since it was so close to my house instantly asked 3 things.

What engine does the boat have?

Where is the boat located (city)?

What is your number?

I got this response yesterday. 

IMG_7600.jpeg

• Like 1