Skiing in Cancun or Cozumel?

Luv2Ski

• Baller

I am looking for a slalom course and ski school options in Mexico. We are most interested in a slalom course near Cancun or Cozumel. My son is skiing into 35 off and has a chance to visit the area so we are looking for options he might be able to check out.

• Baller

I tried to search for any threads mentioning Cozumel or Cancun and didn't find anything. My son found this link for something in Cancun. https://www.waterskicancun.com/. Not sure how valid it is, but this is our only lead so far. Ski Paradise in Alcalpulco looks amazing but is totally out of the budget at the moment. It's on the bucket list though.

• Baller

@ColeGiacopuzzi - club med Cancun used to have a course in the lagoon behind the resort until mid 2021 when at night a small kid wandered down, went past a gate at the lagoon edge and a croc grabbed him. He survived, but as you can imagine that ended their waterski/wakeboard program permanently.

They used to have a set of hardcore skiers that would come every year. They also didn’t tell clients already booked for the winter (like me!) that they had shut it down. I happened to notice in the Fall the website no longer listed waterskiing, so I caught it in time to change resorts - many others were not so lucky.

Baby croc near the buildings that hang over the edge of the lagoon, warning sign you pass on the way down to the waterski dock :-)

93wu6dq5si32.jpeg7bnpfi5bzl0r.jpegq4rdt11xbv6e.jpeg