Happy Birthday to BallOfSpray & big changes are coming

Horton

• Administrators

14 years ago this weekend BallOfSpray was born in its current form. I want to thank all of you who visit and post on a regular basis. At this moment we are working toward moving to a new software suite. I am sure there will be some confusion and kerfuffles when we make the change. Please be patient as we go through this transition.

Goode  KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@MattP

Yes. That data is lost. The upside is that the new search functionality is so extremely good that you should be able to find anything you're looking for.

As you know any data migration is like making an omelet. We had to break a few eggs and to be honest at the moment there's still some shell in there but it's going to be good.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@horton bummer. Yea I under stand the merge and growing pains. This is the 5th? 6th? version of the forum over the years?  The new search functionality is good, but not sure I will waste my time trying to find those threads. Some were good to go back through every year or so. I don't think I could even begin to remember what to search I let the fav list curate that knowledge to save me some brain space. 

Edited by MattP

• Administrators

@Skoot1123Yes and No and Maybe... My dev still has some data to be added into some profiles. I am not totally sure what is in there.  For now click on your user icon- top tight of the screen and click on Profile & then "See my Activity". Look around in there. 

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@MattP BallOfSpray was a Vanilla Forum from 2007 to 2023. Same system and database the whole time. All the posts since May 2007 are still here. I just found posts that I imported from EzBoard in may 2007. in The new system is way better once you get your head around it. 

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@Skoot1123

Phase 1 was getting all the data moved and the functionality straight.

Phase 2 is to make things pretty and smoother. I am now looking for a developer to help with Phase 2. 

• Thanks 1

Drop a dime in the can