New HO Works and Syndicate Omni Just showed up!

mike_mapple

• Baller_

Just got in the Works 1 and 2 in Medium, and i got all sizes of the Syndicate Omni now here in the shop and ready to ship! Wanted to give the BOS guys a heads up before we put it on any social media later in the day.

Syndicate Works 01Syndicate Works 02Syndicate Omni

If you have any questions please feel free to email me, or call the shop at 407-859-7544

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller

Happy New Year Ballers

With Regards to the Works 01 and the works 02 is there any information as to the type of skier that should be looking at either one and preference to skiing Style or Speed line length, etc

Is there somebody that could give information or a insight into what skiers should be looking at, remembering that we are not Will Asher or any of his team mates.

Thankyou

• Like 2

• Baller

Ok no replies on my previous post, the only info I can put together is that the Works  02 is good on the down swing and the Works 01 is good on the up swing, not sure if it is smoke and mirror time, thinking that if you get a good down swing you are very likely to get a good up swing, do not get me wrong both skis look fantastic with a Pro riding them.

Has anybody had chance to ride the Works 02, sort of interested in that ski, is it a stand alone design or a derivative of the Omni.

Unlikely to be  able to get a Demo in the UK.

Best Regards

• Baller_
1 hour ago, Stevie Boy said:

Ok no replies on my previous post, the only info I can put together is that the Works  02 is good on the down swing and the Works 01 is good on the up swing, not sure if it is smoke and mirror time, thinking that if you get a good down swing you are very likely to get a good up swing, do not get me wrong both skis look fantastic with a Pro riding them.

Has anybody had chance to ride the Works 02, sort of interested in that ski, is it a stand alone design or a derivative of the Omni.

Unlikely to be  able to get a Demo in the UK.

Best Regards

I have a guy who is a mid 35 skier, and he actually is out on both demos right now, so when he brings them back friday, ill ask him your questions and let you know what he has to say.

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Administrators

If I have read the tea leaves correctly these two skis are going to be the best stuff from HO since S2 & A2. Without even seeing the skis but talking to "my people" I think the W2 is going to have the wider appeal. 

Goode  KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Howdy ballers,

Apologies for being absent from this thread until now. Both skis are now available in our factory demo program for US customers, but here is what I can tell you:

Works 01 - Due to its medium volume concave and width profile, this is probably going to be the better choice for the skier who has more finesse and knows how to manage speed and control the handle heading in to the buoy line.

Works 02 - With roughly 1/10th of an inch more width in the forebody and a deeper concave, this ski is going to slam a more aggressive turn at the buoy and perhaps allow you to "scrap around" if you are working on perfecting those harder passes.

I agree with Horton in that Works 02 will probably have the wider mass-appeal, but thus far, the adoption has been pretty even for both models. There's maybe a higher chance of instant success on the Works 02, but if a skier is willing to persevere through some unfamiliarity at first, they will likely be rewarded with better scores on the Works 01.

Again, everything is now available to try in our DEMO PROGRAM or through select dealers like Perfski, etc... There is no better way to know what's best for you than to try the skis for yourself!

Edited by savaiusini
  • Like 3

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

Hi savaiusini

Thanks for the info, Regards Works 02, Dave W states that the concave is deeper creating stability, this suggest to me that the Works 02 rides deeper in the water, on the other hand Beny, states that the Works 02 requires less effort, generally I found that skis that rides deeper in the water, requires more effort, would you say the Works 02 is as fast as a ski that rides higher in the water.

Regards 

• Baller
On 1/14/2023 at 3:33 AM, Stevie Boy said:

Hi savaiusini

Thanks for the info, Regards Works 02, Dave W states that the concave is deeper creating stability, this suggest to me that the Works 02 rides deeper in the water, on the other hand Beny, states that the Works 02 requires less effort, generally I found that skis that rides deeper in the water, requires more effort, would you say the Works 02 is as fast as a ski that rides higher in the water.

Regards 

As with anything in ski design, there are few absolutes without considering all the variables. Generally yes, a deeper concave by itself will have a more connected or "deeper-riding" feel. We've tried to offset the difference in concave depth by adding some surface area and adjusting the bevels in the right places. Is it as fast as the 01? Maybe not, but I would say it's certainly not a slow ski. 01 and 02 are intended to have two very different feels on the water. Does this help?

• Like 1

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

Here is a pretty thorough discussion on 01 and 02 from Sept. 2022 with Dave and Marcus on some of the differences along with comparisons to some of our older shapes. If you don't already subscribe to our YouTube channel, it might be worthwhile to do so. We've built up a pretty substantial library of content here to help folks understand what we are doing. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

• Baller

I am coming back from Swiss over the holidays where I had a chance to try the Works 02 for 6 sets. I have been riding an original D3 NRG (with whisper fin) for the past 5 seasons. I showed up to swiss coming off a neck injury (still not 100%), wearing an extra 7 pounds of winter weight and having not skied since the beginning of September. I jumped right on to the works 02 (Beny set up the ski for me, I had brought my bindings). I generally run 35 at 34mph once I get into my season and get mid 38 on a good day. I usually take about a month and a half to hit my stride coming off five-six months of winter. My opening pass is 22 off. I ran 22 and 28 every try which I thought was pretty cool. Waited until my 3rd set to give 32 a go and ended up to 4 ball at 35 on my 4th set. I could feel that I was not at 100% physically (not to mention very sore!) but was pleasantly surprised that I was giving 35 a run for its money with all things considered. My notes on the works are that the ski is very stable and hard to fall off, just like they advertise. I'm used to blowing the tail on my offside and this ski didn't do that. On several occasions felt that I was sure to do so but didn't. Speed wise, all good. I felt that this ski was ultimately as stable as my D3 with more speed and more aggressive turns. The ski was a lot of fun to ride and I can see myself getting better on it so I brought it home. Didn't try the 01. I have tried several skis over the years and know that I prefer stable skis that ride deeper in the water. From watching the video posted above I knew I wanted something in my comfort zone, wasn't looking to change my style. I don't have perfect technique so I will take all the help I can get from the ski. I hope this helps anyone that is considering these skis. Worth mentioning that Beny and Clint at Swiss were amazing in helping me get set up on it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Baller

I just tried the Works 01 size large, coming off a D3 Ion. I only skied 3 passes on stock settings. 

On my first pass, I thought this ski is like a well trained doberman, it follows my orders but capable of much more.... I wished conditions were better so I could judge this ski.

On my second pass, conditions were better. I thought this ski is not a doberman, this ski is a Ferrari. Fast, stable and fun to drive. (never driven a real Ferrari, but that's how I imagine it would drive)

On my third pass, I was immediately impressed with the pullout. My normal pullouts are not like this, with minimal input/effort I matched the boat's speed and was wider than normal. The offside turns were intuitive and cross course, the ski was fast and stable. Usually I prefer deep-riding skis and was reluctant to even try the 01. I am glad I did because I kept the ski.

The only negative about the 01, is the finish of the ski. I realize that HO decided to remove the plastic on the top and base of the ski, nevertheless, the ski looks more like a demo than a finished $2000 plus ski. Remains to be seen how this ski ages...

• Like 1

• Baller

I demo’d a works 02 in late January from Performance Ski. I am a mid 35 off tournament skier. I have been riding an XTR for the past 4 years. I hadn’t skied in a couple of months. I skied 3 sets on the works 02. I thought the ski turned as well as my Xtr. I thought it was faster across course with less effort. I will be purchasing the 02 when I start skiing again this spring.