Australians, we secretly hate you

Keith_Menard

• Baller

Listen, Australians are among my favorite people in the world. I asked a friend of mine from Australia once why they were all so awesome, and he said we only let the good ones leave. He also told me no one actually drinks Fosters.

But right now as I am in between waterski season and snowboard season, I just want you to know...with every picture you post of you gorgeous people with awesome accents and even better personalities out there enjoying waterskiing...I hate you just a little bit. It isn't a lasting hatred, it will disappear like the snow they tried to blow on the mountain before it turned 50 and rained, but it is a hatred none the less.

Enjoy the waterskiing :)

• Baller

No worries @Keith_Menard. I was thinking of the US folks earlier today after we won our world cup game and realised you along with us are through to the round of 16 despite soccer (football for the rest of the world) being far from our most popular sport. Hilarious.. Imagine if we actually put some funding towards it.

• Baller

@Keith_Menard, if you ever look closely at the Fosters sold here in the States you will see they are imported...from Canada.

At least they were the last time I had one. I won more than a couple rounds of beer from buddies with the question: I'll bet you a Foster's you can't guess which country this beer was brewed in?

• Baller_

Having bumped in to several Aussies & Kiwi's vacationing in the Rockies in the winter month's the only way to 'get even' is to let them know that Alta has 205" of snowfall this season and the powder has been epic. Of course the impact kind of falls flat when I remind myself I am on a water ski forum:-)

• Baller

Yeah it’s not bad. Especially if your in Queensland! If your ever visiting reach out. Moomba coming up soon too and a great excuse for a trip. 

although we have very few man made lakes and access is a killer… not to mention docks and a boat lift are extremely rare here.  But we make do

6C73EB42-DDF5-48EE-B76C-082E752B5F29.jpeg

Edited by LK_skier
  • Like 1