Safesport Compliance - Who is responsible for compliance verification?

behindpropellers

• Baller_

The information populates in WSTIMS when you set up your tournament. If you are an ELR, whether a skier has an IWWF license also populates. The only problems you might encounter are late entries that need to join USAWSWS, particularly from another federation.

Lpskier

• Baller_

We handled ours by requiring only online registration for our tournaments. That takes care of ensuring the members are Active and eligible for tournament participation. Related to what @lpskier said, the skiers won't get populated fully in the WSTIMS scoring program unless they are eligible.

That said, we did have a couple late stragglers a day or two before the tournament that had to complete all of that (with expediting requests to USA Water Ski to process their updates) in order to get them populated in time for the tournament. We did not accept any walk-ins at the tournaments.

I think the general answer is that it is the tournament director and the LOC that sanctioned the tournament who is responsible for ensuring compliance for tournament competitors.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

@RichardDoane , Yes I truly loved being the policeman this year and letting people know that their SS expired 2 days ago and now they need the refresher before tomorrow.Or they took it and it didn't show in the system that they did.This happened more toward the end of the year, hopefully AWSA will figure out a way to notify people that it expired so we don't have to.If not I am guessing we will have a lot of emails/texts to send out for the first tournament.

• Baller_

I got a notice last year that my SS needed renewal. But perhaps that’s because I needed it for BOD compliance. In any event, you can self monitor. Go to the USAWSWS web page, go to member log in and log in. That takes you to your membership dashboard. On the top left is a drop down menu. Select member profile. There, with other pertinent information, is your SS expiration date. Put a reminder in your calendar 30 days before your expiration and take the refresher, and Bob’s your uncle.

I know the web site could be vastly improved.

Lpskier