The best Jiggler

liquid d

• Baller

I had a jiggler siphon hose that worked great for years. The hose got old and brittle and I had to replace. I went online and got 2 different sizes. The small diameter one works great.The hoses are flemsy and the primer part doesn't work near as well as the original in the larger diameter one. There must be 20 of them online now.Who's ordered one recently that works great? Which one?

• Administrators

I get the bigger version, remove and throw away the hose. Then get 3/4 id PVC hose from the hardware store. Use a heat gun to soften the new bigger hose and push it over the whole brass jiggler. It is way faster.

eacfzpjjgnmq.jpg

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I use the same large size jigger that @Gloersen uses on our club's 200. If you buy a 12" long section of 3/4 inch copper tube and hose clamp it into the end of the hose, it'll fit into boats that require unleaded. The large hose is fast, it'll transfer a 6 gallon can into the boat in less than a minute if you keep the can 3-4' above the boat.

• Baller

I also do what @Horton and others here have done. Harbor Freight for the brass part and then immediately throw away the crappy HF hose. Go to a local Ace Hardware and get a clear PVC hose that once warmed is easy to put on the jiggler. I got enough hose to make two of them and gave one away to a friend. The hose I got is very stiff in the PNW weather for 80% of the year, but it works great. The guy at Ace complained a bit that the hose was not "fuel rated", but the fuel is only in there for a fraction of a second. This is how 95% of the gas I buy gets into my boat as it sits on the lake all year.