Lake Tennessee in Auburndale, Florda?

MitchellM

• Baller

Anyone know anything about the skiers on Lake Tennessee in Auburndale, Florida? I'm looking at a house on this lake which has a slalom course and a ski jump. I'd like to get some more information about the lake and the skiers if possible as I proceed. The lake is a bit small at only 100 acres.

• Baller

@BKistler I thought Scot Ellis might be on that lake when I saw the jump, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the confirmation. Any idea how the busy the boat and ski traffic is on that small lake?

There's a nicer home just south on Lake Julianna, but I don't see a course on that larger lake.

• Baller

@MitchellM, I ski on this lake very often in the winter. I have a very close personal friend that lives on this lake. Kevin Jack does a lot of training here for sure. The slalom/ jump traffic is not a problem, however this is a public lake and there has been occasion when a fishing boat, pontoon or PWC will come along and mess up the water. There is no course on Juliana but it is my understanding that a permit for a course has been granted. I can give you my friends name and contact info if you PM me.Let me contact him first to make sure this is ok with him.

• Baller

I lived on Lake Tennessee from 1994 until 2000. In Lake Juliana Reserve. It does ski great much of the time. But, also big enough to get wind blown at times. Still, I would happily move back. That was a long time ago, but the lake was never busy in the evenings.Your non wind blown days would be fewer on Lake Juliana.