Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Lake Tennessee in Auburndale, Florda?

MitchellM

• Baller

Anyone know anything about the skiers on Lake Tennessee in Auburndale, Florida? I'm looking at a house on this lake which has a slalom course and a ski jump. I'd like to get some more information about the lake and the skiers if possible as I proceed. The lake is a bit small at only 100 acres.

• Baller

@BKistler I thought Scot Ellis might be on that lake when I saw the jump, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the confirmation. Any idea how the busy the boat and ski traffic is on that small lake?

There's a nicer home just south on Lake Julianna, but I don't see a course on that larger lake.

@MitchellM, I ski on this lake very often in the winter. I have a very close personal friend that lives on this lake. Kevin Jack does a lot of training here for sure. The slalom/ jump traffic is not a problem, however this is a public lake and there has been occasion when a fishing boat, pontoon or PWC will come along and mess up the water. There is no course on Juliana but it is my understanding that a permit for a course has been granted. I can give you my friends name and contact info if you PM me.Let me contact him first to make sure this is ok with him.

• Baller

@hiddenskier the house I was scheduled to see this weekend on Lake Tennessee sold last night. My search for a lake house continues! Hopefully they sold to some good skiers. Thanks for everyone's input. I will keep this lake high on my list of possibilities.

• Baller

I lived on Lake Tennessee from 1994 until 2000. In Lake Juliana Reserve. It does ski great much of the time. But, also big enough to get wind blown at times. Still, I would happily move back. That was a long time ago, but the lake was never busy in the evenings.Your non wind blown days would be fewer on Lake Juliana.

• Baller

I just bought a house on Lake Tennessee.  My quest for lakefront living with course access has finally come to fruition.  Thanks for all the guidance here and behind the scenes PMs.  

Now I just need to find a boat and change out the cradle on the lift (pontoon boat cradle there now).

• Like 8

• Baller
13 hours ago, MitchellM said:

I just bought a house on Lake Tennessee.  My quest for lakefront living with course access has finally come to fruition.  Thanks for all the guidance here and behind the scenes PMs.  

Now I just need to find a boat and change out the cradle on the lift (pontoon boat cradle there now).

I used to live on that lake. Awesome place! Get that boat and I'll swing by for a ride for old times sake 🙂

I was 222 Lk Tenn Dr.

Say hello to Scot E when you see him.

• Baller
44 minutes ago, o2bnMaine said:

@MitchellM You are in good company with Scott Ellis as a neighbor!

I have a friend on Julianna (next-door) who's getting into skiing. He has a '10 Response LX. There's no course on Julianna, but I can ask if he's interested in ski buddies. 

I hope so!  Some serious skiers on Tennessee.  I looked at several houses on Lake Julianna but decided in the end that the lake was too big and windy.  This has been a tough decision without being able to experience the various lakes first hand.

• Like 1

@MitchellM first, congratulations on your purchase.  Lake Tenn. is awesome.  You’re looking for a boat?   My friend Gary has his 21 200 for sale now.  He lives at the west end of the lake next to the awful aqua house.   He has a new 200 coming in soon so he is very reasonable on his price.   The lake ski great.   Some nuisances on and off;  gators of course, public lake but everyone seems to get along, glare early morning skiing which makes finding the buoys difficult, wind.  Overall, awesome lake and people on it are 1+.  

good luck.   Go see Gary.  He also has a 2010 SN 200 as well as a 1998 SN 196.  He’ll fix you up. 

• Baller
3 hours ago, Buxrus said:

@MitchellM The lake ski great.   Some nuisances on and off;  gators of course.....

Just before I moved from Lake Tennessee in 2000 a licensed gator trapper pulled out three 10-footers. 

He was after the 12 footer I had reported. 

• Heterodox 1