Possibility of finding a used Stargazer system

Hucklefin

• Baller

I am planning to be running in a course much more next year and have been looking at the prospect of upgrading my speed control system. I would like to find a 3-event star gazer system used, but it seems next to impossible. I just wanted to put this feeler out there to see if anyone had a lead on a complete, or less than complete system somewhere they would consider selling.

• Baller

What is your current system if you're looking to upgrade?

I'll tell you I've got alerts on ebay for this constantly because I have two prostar 190s and I've been watching for systems for over 10 years and never gotten one randomly. So unless someone is sitting on a system they usually sell with the boats and because PP incrementally upgrades most of the components like servo/wiring etc. are re-used even if you jump several generations you're not selling a whole system.

• Baller

@BraceMaker this is going to be installing a totally new system because the current is the SteadyPass system. It worked awesome for first starting out but now that I am more serious, its not quite enough. Served its purpose, but its time to get the goods. It's just 3x as much....

It's apparent to me that a used system is very difficult to come by because there really is not a reasonable alternative or upgrade past this unless the person is going to repower to get zero-off.

• Baller

At $1,400 Perfect Pass 3-Event is such a worthwhile investment for ski boats that I really suggest just biting the bullet and buying it from Perfect Pass new. You can wait around and lurk on Ski-it-again forever or you can order it and install it this winter and be ready for next season as soon as it’s warm out. I’ve got a ski buddy who looks for years to get “deals”. For me, my time on the water is worth so much more than the few hundred dollars I might be able to “save”.

• Baller_

@BraceMaker - Correct, my advice is to know exactly what you are looking for before randomly hitting the buy button. If one goes that route, do your research. Your cost is either $ new or $ used + your hours spent doing your homework.