Armaid - Skier's Elbow Treatment

Killer

• Baller

been dealing with skiers elbow (medial epicondylitis) that won't go away after lots of therapies (accupuncture, myofacial, chiro, stretching, strengthening, etc).

I've had it before and dry needling helped a lot, combined with strengthening my shoulder and back. Getting older and find it's not healing as quickly.

so I came across a few things - Grafton technique it seems almost no physio/chiro do in my area and the armaid:

https://armaid.com/products/armaid-1

anyone ever used it? Thoughts?

very inexpensive in the grand scheme of things. I'm in no way associated with this product or company FYI

• Baller_

I tried it. I don't recall any immediate benefit and didn't stay with it. I got much better results by doing my deep water starts with both palms down and ensuring my arms were straight for the pull from from buoy to centerline. Some folks say a bent handle helps, but I was able to correct it without switching from straight handle. I'll get a flare up now and then, but nothing debilitating or chronic and no pause needed during my 6-month season. If I skied year-round, I might have to either look at a bent handle or some of the exercises like Theraband Flexbar, etc.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I have almost always used a bent bar and I get up palms down. From past injuries I moved this direction. Switch ropes frequently too.

I have a flexbar and use therabands for strengthening.

thanks for the feedback! I wont be skiing until the spring most likely now so time to get things healed up and strong

• Baller

Not really answering your question but I had never had this till last year. About the same time it was really starting to bother me a friend noticed I had begun pulling the rope in by bending my elbows as I crossed the wake. Just a bad habit I picked up but pretty sure that's what start my elbow pain.

Since then I've worked really hard to stop doing that and my elbow has gotten lots better but is still sore. That and avoiding the big hits

Kind of what @MISkier said. I also get up palms down.

• Baller

I've had Graston done. Use Arnicare gel to minimize bruising. Yes, it sort of hurts while being done. I have let a few choice words fly. My chiro (and friend who slalom skis) said that's his affirmation that it is working. LOL. Seriously though, once the soreness of the treatment passes, the original issue is resolved or greatly improved. It isn't really done on the tendons unless there is some mild adhesion to address. Rather, it restores full movement and function to the associated muscles so that the tendons can go back to just being connectors and not straining so much.