?Huh?!

Jody_Seal

• Baller

@BraceMaker yeah that seems to be the case right now. I thought for sure someone would use it when it came out but nothing yet. Seems like it would be really practical for those of us who use our boats in open water more often. If I ever have to re-power my RLX and that’s an option, for sure that’s what I’d go with.

• Baller

If it could be used to reformat the boats that would be cool as well. Unfortunately its not a slant 4.

BMW is sort of the king of the slant engine lay out. But it allows really compact packaging with the intake and exhaust manifolds "tucked" into a very narrow layout.

m8uk28aap3ch.png

rjrdw72t51ip.png

You could see something like that packaged up in the bow with an almost open floor plan.

• Baller

@Horton In 2011 MasterCraft offered Indmar or Ilmor as options. By 2012 MasterCraft boats were exclusively powered by Ilmor. Malibu last used Indmar in 2015 for the Response TXI.

You know the industry well enough to know that supplier decisions such as engine provider are typically made on a company level, not an individual model level. Additionally profitability and success of a company is based on the company as a whole.

When is the last time a towboat manufacturer produced solely competition ski boats?

MasterCraft - Still the Leader. And Pulling Farther Ahead.

• Administrators

@BroussardIf Indmar has not been in a ski boat since 2015 I am not sure why you disagreed with my post above or what your point is. We will likely never see them in any Malibu or any MasterCraft again and I can not see why they would be in a Nautique.

What I see is that Correct Craft now has leverage or access to all of Indmar's current customers. Consolidation in the industry is good for the bottom line. There is also likely some technology transfer like the EcoBoost.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@Horton My point is that just because Indmar engines aren't utilized in competition ski boats does not mean that this acquisition will have no effect on the towboat industry.

If this acquisition affects the towboat industry it affects competition ski boats.

MasterCraft - Still the Leader. And Pulling Farther Ahead.

• Baller

Within the last year I watched a video of Indmar's pod engine introduction which is designed for pontoon boats. During the years I spent selling pontoon boats outboards dominated (and still do) but this unit allows a pontoon to manuever in tight spaces as if it has thrusters. Could be a game changer, pretty cool.

Someone caught my eye in the video, Bill Yeargin. Correct Craft's CEO was in attendance of the product's introduction.

To my knowledge Correct Craft has most pleasure boats under it's umbrella. However, don't think they own a pontoon boat company. Maybe the Indmar purchase is in anticipation of expanding into a pontoon line.

I don't see the ecoboost as something CC is interested in continueing (could be wrong, have been before), so that leaves Indmar's casting capability (as @jodyseal mentioned) and the engine pod as 2 things very much filling a void in the CC line up.

• Baller

CC now gets a little cut from almost every inboard surf boat not made by MC or Malibu.....smart that's just gravy and I am sure there are some purchasing economies.
Crazy thought but if Nautique wanted to create more differentiation between the SN and the 200 they could put PCM's in the SN and offer an Indmar Raptor 400 or 440 in the 200?