Anyone convert a GT40 to TBW ZeroOff?

slmskrs

• Baller

@BrennanKMN Thanks. Bummer; Stargazer/ZBox works okay (I've done a LOT of tweaking of settings and it's about as close to ZO as you can get it with a mechanical linkage). But my PP has been acting up lately (losing GPS signal, screen going spastic) and if it dies, I don't want to spend $1,500 for what I have now. I really don't need a re-power (engine has 1,200hrs on it--my last GT40 had 1,800hrs and would probably go 3,000 before a rebuild). I don't know if I'll still be skiing in 15 years, so have to look at the investment. Don't ski that many tournaments anymore, but instead of $1,500 for a new PP, I'd pay a few $k more if there was a way to TBW a GT40 and replace with ZO. Guess not, so better figure out what's going on with my PP.

Thanks for the explanation.

• Baller

@slmskrs PP and dual puck Zero off units losing the GPS signal, holding speed poorly and finding less satellites is a known fault. They both use the Garmin 18x GPS puck and there was a rollover bug which impacted it. There isn't much detail here but the software to fix it can be downloaded from https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=9908I made my own cable and did it, but it was fiddly and I only did it because we had a number to do in Australia and sending them back wasn't worth it.Best bet would be to talk to PP, send your puck in for an update and get a new screen. Also the latest 9.2 software (or whatever the latest version is) for your master module is a LOT better than version 9.0so I suggest a birthday for it. GPS puck firmware update. Master module software update. New screen!