SLines

RyanLloyd

SLines ropes are awesome! I'm just wrapping up my first full season of skiing on SLines ropes in practice and tourneys and it's quality accurate stuff. Customer service is amazing and the price is right. Honest company to work with and I cant wait to get a new handle from them, soon!

• Baller

Have an Opt. 2 and freinds have an mid stretch S-lines. Broke both in with approximately 12 sets.Attached both at 28 off and pulled hard on both at the same time on land.The feel and stretch amount was the same for both.Long range the ropes may lose stretch or deteriorate at different rates but don’t have any insight on that yet.

• Baller_

I believe there is a new rope version from S lines (possibly called X something with a gray mainline) that is going to emerge as the preferred choice. I heard a prototype is in the hands of some high end skiers for evaluation and I think one was in use at one of the last tournaments of the year here in Michigan. If it was, I skied it and it was good.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

To be more clear about my post above.Neither rope broke.They were both given a “break in” period of approximately 12 sets then the stretch test was done and it was observed and felt that both the Opt. 2 and middle stretch S-lines rope were identical in stretch characteristics. Sorry if the wording was confusing.

• Baller

I'm skiing on the prototype rope and I really like it. Best feel of any rope I've ever skied out of the box. At 250+ lbs, and starting at 22 off, the stiffer rope is a must-have for feeling connected to the boat at all spots on the course.