Who is still skiing?

Horton

• Baller

First year ever that I have not been in a drysuit at this time of year. Water temp is holding at 61F and skiing @ 1pm air temps have been around 70F. Using an Oneil Psycho One long suit and it is almost too warm. I have not seen another boat out in weeks so I feel like I have won the lottery.

• Baller

Tonight could be my last ride of the year but hoping for another couple weeks of tolerable weather. I’m out of town next week so hopefully I’ll squeeze in some more skiing the first week of November before we take the course out.

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller

Today was our last day, but it's been a beautiful Fall in MT. Consistently in the 60's and 70's (air) sunny and calm for the past several weeks. This is the latest we've skied, but with temps in the teens next week had to pull the boat.

• Baller

Today’s set was the last for us, geographically 3 hours due south of @Rednucleus; and I nudged the PB I’d set on Tuesday - hooray!

A nice bit of motivation to finish the year and to re-up on the fitness commit this off-season. ?

(Or is that a Turkey leg?! ?)

• Baller

Hoping to head out tomorrow. I'm getting out only about once a week now. Water temp is 12c, air between 15-20 for now, will likely cut it off around the end of October. It's pretty damn cold even with a wetsuit and a hot tub waiting for me at home.

• Baller

Still out there, the old farts in the ski club took down one of the courses on the lake after I asked them to leave it but I think we got another month at least . Hopefully they don't pull the other one or Im gonna have to lay-out some senior citizens.

• Baller

It started to get a little chilly in Maine, so we moved back to Florida. We base our location on two things:

(1) Air/Water Temperature(2) How frequently it rains.

When it starts to rain every day in Florida, we know it is time to head to Maine. When the water gets cooler, we start thinking about heading to Florida.

• Baller

Season ended early this year. When there is a hurricane in Florida it gets cold and windy in PA. The year of hurricane Harvey, one tournament was rescheduled because it was cold, and very windy. Dave's Pond in Edinboro PA had 1 foot whitecaps on it. The lake association ordered all boats had to be out by 10/23 for lowering the lake for maintenance on the dam. Missed a few weekends of skiing due to high winds and rain. Now it is Insanity workouts in the morning, and P90x and P90x2 in the evening. X stretch and X2 Mobility and recovery on rest days. Missed two tournaments this season due to illness. I have dropped off the rankings list completely. Skied in my first Nationals last year. I want to go back if I qualify.

• Baller

I would have been skiing a little less in the reply and was going to go Monday but came down with Influenza A (even after getting the flu shot) and now we have some cold and rain for the next bit so I hope to get back out before thanks giving. I keep a (mostly accurate ) log and have skied 98 sets this year (including tournament sets) so I have to break 100 by gosh. Last tournament was the Berkeley Delta Fall Open Oct 15-16.

I have been skiing since I learned and have never missed a winter season. I have skied in seven states and three countries. There are a lot of excellent ski resorts across the country. I like to ski both in the east and west. I am planning a ski trip with my family this Christmas. I just bought an Ikon Pass from the fresh adventures. I am looking forward to it!

• Baller

Cold front pushing through tomorrow. Got a set in today. Still heater top only weather but that may change. Either way, it will warm up again a few times through December. Usually able to get heater top only sets at least a couple times a month all winter long. I did put the hard top back on the Jeep tonight.1kbitdq5aezg.jpeg