Ski Repair

Taynton

• Baller

A handle impact from a fall has cracked the edge of my ski and I would like to epoxy it, just wondering if there are any recommendations on the type of epoxy or glue to use

2020 radar vapor lithium

Thanks ballers!heres a pic for y'all

Dave on a sick fall set

r7rx1s7dfmgf.jpg

• Baller

JB weld, the longer cure original version. Make absolutely sure it’s completely dry, even give it a few days with a fan on in a dryer part of the house. Use alcohol to clean the area, painters tape all edges so epoxy only goes where you want it. Don’t ski it for a couple days.

• Baller

I like using golf club shafting 2 part epoxy on black areas. It has a very high strength rating and it blends very well with the black color. I have found that I clean any loose material out with a very fine tip pick, like dental pick, and then wipe the area with a little rubbing alcohol. Put just enough mixed epoxy on a piece of wax paper, and then clear packing tape starting on the bottom of the ski, put the epoxy and wax paper face down on the damage and pull the tape down very tight, again, wrapping from bottom of the ski to the top in order to pull any excess to the top where it can be easily removed with a razor blade. With the packing tape I’m able to put the pressure I would use a clamp for and it’s easier to conform to the shape of the ski. Also, this method typically keeps me from having to file or sand any areas.