Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

2023 MASTERCRAFT PS

bananaron

• Baller

I live in northern MN. and was in my local MC dealer Nisswa marine the other day and asked my good friend Jeremy who is the sales mgr what a new MC PS would cost.He advised me that he had just priced one and I could get it for $125,000. I told him I would think about it and get back to him. HA HA....not gonna happen.I have owned many boats in my day and I dont think buying at that price is going to happen anytime soon for this old guy.I currently own my old boat a 2001 GEKKO GTR that is like brand new and I own it for less then probably the cost of the new trailer for the 2023 MC PS. Lake homes docks lifts boats in fact everything here in the lakes area is getting very expensive and is for only the rich and famous.I own things that are older and they work just fine.......0tgsot2h3t1k.jpgmp343aqblejf.jpg

• Baller

I have a 1994 Ski Nautique with 2200 hours on it. I will get it rebuilt or repowered if the engine dies. Six figures for a depreciating asset, a new boat. I hear Dave Ramsey's voice in my head saying, "Well, that is just a whole lot of stupid". I think our sport will be dead on 30 years if not sooner. No one is interested and can't afford it.

• Baller

@bananaron I’m with you on owning older things that work just fine. My friend just bought a brand new Chevy 3500 diesel with all the options. The value of every car/truck I own (5), boats/watercraft (4), and tractors (3) doesn’t even come close to the money he’s got in that truck. They’re all well maintained and cosmetically very nice as well, so that keeps the upgrade bug at bay for me.

• Baller

Pricing is just crazy on new boats. Every single friend of mine who used to religiously buy a new boat every year or two is no longer buying…and it’s 2 hands plus worth of friends including myself. I bet I’m not alone in this anecdotal data set.

• Baller

Pricing is just crazy on new boats. Every single friend of mine who used to religiously buy a new boat every year or two is no longer buying…and it’s 2 hands plus worth of friends including myself. I bet I’m not alone in this anecdotal data set.

• Baller

I remember when our group paid $48K for our 08 Nautique 196 without trailer, new. I about had a coronary! Just pulled said boat for the winter, still skis great. Can not imagine ponying up the money for a new boat today!

• Baller

I remember when our group paid $48K for our 08 Nautique 196 without trailer, new. I about had a coronary! Just pulled said boat for the winter, still skis great. Can not imagine ponying up the money for a new boat today!

• Baller_

As increasing purchase price of new ski boats continues to thin out the pool of potential buyers lets hope the manufacturers continue to make them. Hopefully, there will still be enough buyers to allow the manufacturers to feel a DD ski boat is a viable item to build so those unable to afford new will still find them in the used market.

• Baller_

As increasing purchase price of new ski boats continues to thin out the pool of potential buyers lets hope the manufacturers continue to make them. Hopefully, there will still be enough buyers to allow the manufacturers to feel a DD ski boat is a viable item to build so those unable to afford new will still find them in the used market.

• Baller

Have the benefit of skiing behind the latest 2022 Ski Nautique, 6.2 liter boat at Swiss (@34 mph). At home, I still ski behind my old 2004 196. It has newer engine with 650 hours and new series 80 transmission along with single puck ZO rev S. I run A2 on the 2022 and to duplicate the pull on my 196, run A2+. (the 6.2 engine does feel firmer than the 5.7 in my 196 hence the A2+) Run the same scores, the pull feels identical and the wake from 28 to 38 feels no different. What would be gained from spending $100K on a new boat? +2 for @bananaron and @Sethro !

• Baller

Have the benefit of skiing behind the latest 2022 Ski Nautique, 6.2 liter boat at Swiss (@34 mph). At home, I still ski behind my old 2004 196. It has newer engine with 650 hours and new series 80 transmission along with single puck ZO rev S. I run A2 on the 2022 and to duplicate the pull on my 196, run A2+. (the 6.2 engine does feel firmer than the 5.7 in my 196 hence the A2+) Run the same scores, the pull feels identical and the wake from 28 to 38 feels no different. What would be gained from spending $100K on a new boat? +2 for @bananaron and @Sethro !

• Baller

I am soon to be 75 yrs old and probably like past generations talk about how expensive things are today.My dad the greatest guy I have known bought a lake cabin in 1957 west of mpls/st Paul for $7500.He was a accountant and went and did the books for a boat/car dealer as a part time job to buy us kids a boat to learn to ski.He bought more then 1 boat over the yrs for us to enjoy.Today that $7500 would not even buy a boat lift and certainly not a cabin as our recent sales are going for over a million.Lke homes boats and anything related are out of reach for many people.I am lucky that I own here and have a boat and ski equipment to use.Thanks to my dad for working so hard and giving me the opportunity to learn this great sport.I hope I can physically continue to enjoy and afford to slalom and barefoot for many yrs to come.I am one lucky guy...........

• Baller

I am soon to be 75 yrs old and probably like past generations talk about how expensive things are today.My dad the greatest guy I have known bought a lake cabin in 1957 west of mpls/st Paul for $7500.He was a accountant and went and did the books for a boat/car dealer as a part time job to buy us kids a boat to learn to ski.He bought more then 1 boat over the yrs for us to enjoy.Today that $7500 would not even buy a boat lift and certainly not a cabin as our recent sales are going for over a million.Lke homes boats and anything related are out of reach for many people.I am lucky that I own here and have a boat and ski equipment to use.Thanks to my dad for working so hard and giving me the opportunity to learn this great sport.I hope I can physically continue to enjoy and afford to slalom and barefoot for many yrs to come.I am one lucky guy...........

• Baller

As the old saying goes, you can't make everyone happy. You have some folks complaining they cost too much, and then others that they can't get a build slot soon enough. I hear the can't get a build slot soon enough more from folks in person, people don't seem to post that comment online as much.

• Baller

As the old saying goes, you can't make everyone happy. You have some folks complaining they cost too much, and then others that they can't get a build slot soon enough. I hear the can't get a build slot soon enough more from folks in person, people don't seem to post that comment online as much.

• Baller

I'm hoping to pick up a used but recent Response OB, 21+Prostar, or used but recent SN200 OB in the next couple years. Really want ZO, PPass is pretty inconsistent I find. Garage and boat lift with canopy first, though. My 94 Sport Nautique will have to do for a while yet, haha. It's good enough for now, and a good boat for the kids to learn some respect for material possessions without me having to worry about every little nick or scratch.