ARTHROPLASTY THUMB SURGERY

bananaron

• Baller

Has anyone had this surgery on their thumb.Both thumbs now bother me so much its difficult to ski much less do anything.I am still skiing and I am paying the price for it however its worth it.Its like having a bad tooth ache as it never goes away.I am having surgery soon on the left one and will then do the right soon after.Has anyone had this surgery would like to know the outcome and how long after it takes to recover.......thanks

• Baller

Had surgery on my left thumb and I have to say its more than I thought.The cast is driving me nuts and the pain with it is also a lot. Getting the cast off soon and having some therapy and then will have the right one done.The ortho said it was full of arthritis and now the right one is way worse then the left so I am sure its full of arthritis.Its difficult to do anything with one hand and especially when that hand is also weak and has a bad thumb.Its like having a bad tooth aches it never goes away.......Hope spring comes soon and I can still ski at my old age of 75.