South of the border ski boat.

Jody_Seal

• Baller

Arturo Nelson. Good guy, good skier. His kids are up and coming jr skiers. Like @mbabiash said, it's a prototype. The center driver's seat is interesting for staying centered in the course. I've seen video of this prototype running and it has a pretty non existent wake and no spray but of course, there is no weight really without a top deck and interior. I look forward to seeing it progress.

• Baller

Being a bored automotive design engineer back around 94 designed this on CATIA. Center driver position with seating on each side and water ballast under each seat to level the boat. Driver's seat would slide back to gain access. Gas tank was in the bow. Engine covers were smaller back then and my design was wider like today's boats. This was my ski tugboat design. Enjoy, be nice.t26e1og1w793.jpgvoq83gplk5j6.jpgt8fl5q41dmhg.jpgtkzqljf7ja7r.jpg09ncerxyuuoq.jpg47s6pxmaqf8q.jpg

Ernie Schlager

• Administrators

Nautiques lean left and Malibu / ProStars lean right because of prop rotation. Your boat may be balanced with a driver and an observer but that is because the factory already compensated for the prop rotation. If you put the driver in the middle you are going to have to move some ballast around.  @Hockdogis exactly right - leveling the boat with the driver in the middle would mean moving more ballast around. Not a huge deal but you would have to pay attention.  

• Like 1

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I see nothing wrong with the concept of a basic towing tractor boat. Not everyone wants $, luxury, complexity, cleaning, weight (for towing and effect on wake), etc 

Do wonder about the design of the bow though. Dip the bow in a big roller and driver will get a very wet lap. 

• Like 1

• Baller
2 minutes ago, dave2ball said:

@03RLXi I do agree with you on a basic slalom tug. But 78k seems a bit much for what is shown on the video. Is that base boat shown?  If not what options are on the boat?  You are correct about the bow. 

Yes, does seem high however one off / very low production hand made labour intensive so understandable.  Just guessing, maybe it'd fall says 20% if more CNC, mass production etc?

• Baller

Hey, we have all talked about someone producing a lower cost boat and throwing in a center drive has also been on some of our what if list…here it is. 
What a massive undertaking and a huge congratulations to Arturo and his team for the guts to tackle and complete this project. 

Edited by Dacon62
  • Like 5

• Baller_

Congrats on bringing something new to the market, very interested in the weight, it looks light.  Whether you like it or not, it would be certainly fun to ski, drive and observe on it.  The reach through hand warmers (exhaust manifolds) are cool, nice for those that ski in cool climes.

Did anybody notice there are some really interesting cars parked in the background, I wonder what event this was.