Trick Ski Binding placement help

jgills88

• Baller

Hello all!

I just got a reflex binding and plate for my trick ski. As it stands, the plate doesn't line up with any holes on my ski so I'm going to need to drill new ones. Before I go putting new holes in my ski, I was wondering if anyone had advice for placing my binding so I only have to do it once.

It's a 42" O'Brien Pro Trac from the 80s if that makes any difference. 2pd8euzledg9.jpg

3i5vlrfbsxlz.jpg

• Baller
Draw a line across the center of the ski. Put the boot on your plate and find the approximate center of your inside ankle bone and mark that position on the plate. Set the plate on the ski and put the line on the plate about 1/4" in front of the center line of the ski. Make sure you have the plate centered lengthwise. Mark the ski for your new screw holes about in the middle of each of the plate slots. Carefully drill holes just through to top sheet of the ski - you don't want to press too hard and drill clear through the bottom! Screw the plate on and adjust as needed.

• Baller_
@jgills88 no matter how you like trick on the $20 board, you will like it alot more on a 43" Quantum, D3 or Radar. I work with a good number of college kids and watching them on the ancient "team skis", then something modern is a night and day difference. On the plus side, getting a Reflex will make a huge improvement.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding