My experience with the Goode XTR CC Wide Ride

34mph

• Baller
I’m writing this because not much out there on this ski when I was interested getting my hands on one. So I’m a 33 -34 mph skier 22-32 off skier . Weight around 195-200 .. I have been on a few past senate pros . In the last few years I have bought / demo. Denali c75 , D3 NRG 1 , Ion , D3 NRG 2 , Ho Omni , Radar Vapor . I just kept going back to the senate pro . Just either not good enough / or like a ski that rides higher up on the water . I’m a strong guy but have many joint issues , maybe that’s some of it … just easier on the body . So this leads to last week skiing with my good buddy And he recently bought a wide ride as maybe a back up for his XTR CC … he liked it just not as same as what he was use to … So I mounted up my stuff … after 3 passes of feeling out my ski I was skiing better then I did on my senate … I bought it from him . A couple tweaks later and only 4 sets later and I’m skiing better then I did at the end of last year ! Super excited about this ski ! It’s as great and as fast as the senate across the wakes , very stable and turns way better then the senate … hope this helps any one out there looking at this ski . PS this is my 1st Goode !

I must agree with 34 MPH. I purchased the ski he is speaking of. I took the ski directly from the box and put my bindings on it. The fin had been set up by Martin from Goode. I was taken back at the extreme width of the ski, compared to my XTR CC. My experience:

THE easiest ski I have ever been pulled up out of the water on. Hands down. I know that is not a huge factor with all of us but for those with LB or shoulder issues, this is like getting up on a wakeboard.

It rides very high on top of the water, creating great glide and speed if that is what you desire.

From wake to wake, the quickest ski and least efforting ski I have ever tried.

Very stable, very predictable. Very user friendly.

This ski loves forward pressure pre turn. I curl my toes going into the buoy line, this ski responded really well to this stimulus.

Turns on both side were butter. This does require PATIENCE at the turn and coming back onto the handle. Let it come under the rope, and keep moving toward the wake.

No need to push down on this ski or add effort. I did this a couple times at 35 and it lean locked on me.

Off the second spray as you come up over the ski, it will decelerate but carry out. I always had plenty of space prior to the buoy from 28 thru 35.

This ski is effortless.

This is just flat out fun. I highly recommend giving it a try.

My specs: 60 y.o. LFF. 179 @ 5’ 10”. Practice typical score is 3 or 4 at 38 majority of days. Ski 34.2 @ A2.

Good luck and have fun.

• Like 1

• Baller
I think the Goode Wide Ride CC is one of the most underrated skis of all time. This ski works for extreme short line skiers as well as those running 32 mph long line. Stable and forgiving, yet fast and nasty when needed. The shape allows the ski to turn on a dime, so if your running late, you can literally make up all you lost in one turn, setting you up early for the next buoy. I have been skiing on a Wide Ride off and on for the last 12 years. Always looking for something better, but keep coming back to the Wide Ride. My scores are consistently better on the Wide Ride, simply because I can get away with making mistakes and still end up running the pass. I know we all want to ski perfect, but in reality, only a few pros are capable of doing that, so I pick the stick that allows me to ski and get the best scores consistently. The carbon core version of the Wide Ride is an improvement over the original ski.

• Baller
@Deanoski I would go with the 64” with your height/weight. If you are skiing at a max speed slower than 34 mph, the I would go with the 66”. The 64” has a lot of surface area and would be ideal, but if your skiing at a max speed of 30 mph, because your older, I would size up. Good luck!

• Baller
Leave the settings as shipped from the factory - the thing sticks to the water like a ceramic magnet - its fast & turns on a dime 28 - 32 off 32 MPH. 73 YO bad form Coming off a Senate. Tried all the others D3, Connelly, KD, Denali, - this one is the best.

I just had the opportunity to ski the 64 WR. Fin settings dead on stock. FB at 29 per Goode. Went right up the rope through 35. I am currently 178 ish. Currently that ski would work for me. I would move the FB back 1/8”. Unfortunately, I start the season at 190 + so the 64 is a tad too short for me. That being said, I am just amazed more skiers are not trying this ski. Easy to ski, stable, forgiving, fast cross course, turns like an F1 car, decelerates moving into the buoy, effortless on the body.

I know @scuppers has this 64 WR for sale. He is offering it at a great price. He landed on the 66.

• Baller

Granted this is late in the season and I should have been posting earlier, but I am toying with the idea of getting a Wide Ride XTR CC. I currently ride a 2013 Nano Twist RFF 66. Hands down this has been the best ski I have ever ridden. Best score in practice was 6@11.25 but that was 6 years ago. Best tournament performance was 3@38 but that was also 6 years ago. I am now at 32 MPH and suffered a herniated disc last January. I got back on the water in May. So far, I have been able to run 35 occasionally but have struggled to be consistent. 38 has become a past dream Most of you seem to feel that the Wide Ride would be easier on my back but it might just get me back in the game with better consistency at 35.

If that is true, then the question is 64 or 66? I am 145lbs, and 5Ft 7in. My guess is 64. Thoughts?

1. Give scuppers a shout out. He has 64 WRCC. I skied on it when I was down there. Great ski.@jdroseinc, i also skied the nano twist LFF. When you get on the WRCC, it will feel a thousand times easier out of the water and skiing it. Requires NO EFFORT. In fact if you add effort, it turns into a top fuel dragster. Arcs and turns like butter.

I have since got a 66. It is just flat out fun to ski. Late in my season, so haven’t tried many 38s with it but when I did, scored 2-3 which is same buoy count I had with the XTR CC. Love them both. Good luck.

• Baller

I'm a Men's 7 skier (68 years old), skiing 32 mph. I'm on a 2022 Senate Pro currently, and making an occasional 28'-off pass, My goal is to make 28s consistently. What appeals to me about the XTR CC (compared to the Senate) is the cross-course speed. All that said, if I were to try an XTRCC, which size should I be leaning towards. If I were to buy one, I would prefer to go the SIA route, but I see nothing shorter than a 66" on SIA. Thanks!

• Baller

I just bought @scuppers old XTR WW, I am loving it! I've had to severely restrain my aggression. Super stable, doesn't punish you after the ball if you get on the handle to quickly. I have found it even better than my 22 Senate Pro, which I loved. Sadly, I type this and its 22 degrees out, daily highs in the 50s. Not trying my hardest passes, which admittedly are in the league you are all in, but trying to just get used to the ski. Skiing at 32mph at 15-22 off. I started slalom skiing 5 years ago when I turned 50, by far the easiest ski i have skied in the course. Question for you all, I increased the wing to 9 from 7 to slow the ski down, I felt like I was flying into the buoy. it worked great, but I am wondering if the extra speed i am feeling is still from too much aggression or maybe the cold water? Thoughts? I did see the discussion on the forum, but i thought i would ask wide ride skiers directly! Thanks for the great ski Chuck, may have to take you up on a visit!!

• Baller

I just spent the long weekend skiing with my new to me Goode Wide Ride.  I'm impressed with the performance of this ski.  It seems very fast to me and also turns very quickly on both sides.  A significant step up in performance from my Connelly Carbon V.

Most important to me is the ease of my deepwater starts.  I almost put this post in the other thread for this reason.

• Like 1

I tried one.

I've run a few 28off @ 30 and 4 @ 32 .I'm pushing 60 and can't risk the speed getting hurt.

220lbs. My cousin at 185 is running his best sets ever on it. It didn't like my size.

I ski a 69 senate pro now,  just turns at bit hard compared to the Goode. 

• Baller

I'm 5'8", 164#, have been using a Connelly Aspect 67in for the last 2 years. I recently acquired an XTR Wide Ride CC 64in without bindings. I put my Connelly bindings on and tried it out today. I could not get my knees drawn up far enough to get the ski flat enough to get up out of the water. I'm wondering if I can change the location of the bindings to make the ski flatter. If so which way would I move the front foot and which way the rear foot.  I'm LFF skier.

Thanks,

Bill Montgomery

• Baller

I haven’t tried this ski but Goode factory recommended front binding placement is 29” +-1/8” from front boot heel to back of ski. Might be a good starting point if not already there.