Broke my bimini (2015 Prostar)

kirkbauer

• Baller

So I had an incident with backing the boat of of my boathouse with the bimini up and bending it as you see in the picture below. It's a brand new boat so I'm not completely sure what the bimini should look like, but I think it bent the two long poles that attach to the windscreen. Is it possible to get replacements for those poles? Is that something I go directly to Mastercraft for?

boxscb2vys6j.jpg

• Baller

You'll need to go through a dealer as MC will not sell direct and the bimini mfg won't sell direct either, but maybe since you just need parts, they will help.

Honestly... I'd take it off and bend it back yourself. Going to be way way cheaper. I'm glad you didn't rip the windshield off.

• Baller_
any good boat top guy can replicate the stainless tubes of that bimini and recreate exactly what you had. I had my local guy cut down the height of the top on my 2014 promo, and he built a better matching color scheme than the off-blue mismatch that came from the factory. and if your top was lower it might fit out from under your dock without folding. I'll find a picture and post.

• Baller

I bent mine too but going out of my garage. I called the manufacture and they would sell me one direct at the time due to MC being shutdown during covid. I ended up taking it apart and able to bend it back enough to use. Still has a bit of a duck bill.

• Baller
It looks like the connection to the center hoop on the long pole moved and is most of the problem. My guess is a set screw holds them in place. Loosen the set screws and push it back into place. You have nothing to lose at this point and it may work.