Gloersen

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Good news for all, registration is still open!!!!

I verified with Mrsscoke, clean sheets on the apartment bed and clean towles. I've got Voodoo Ranger IPA and Jai-Lai, stocked in the apartment fridge. What a deal!!

xayf3g8104eb.png

• Baller

@Than_Bogan

Actually you gave me a great idea!!

Once he registers for the tourney, I'll transfer $300 to a neutral honest party to hold the cash for escrow!!! Of course I've got my own silver sharpie.

Do you have paypal or zelle? You could be the neutral party! Are you up for it?

• Baller_

I'm having difficulty keeping up with the actual terms of the wager. I'm not a betting person anyway, but this is my understanding.

@adamhcaldwell will be considered to have run 41 off at 36 mph in 2022 if:

1. Rope and handle measure in tolerance.

2. Boat path (and, of course, speed/timing) are within tolerance.

3. Only R tournaments can be considered and only tournaments at Okeeheelee and only Okeeheelee tournaments on May 14, 2022 or May 15, 2022.

4. Jeff Gilbert may or may not be allowed to be the driver. An intense game of cornhole will confirm his eligibility.

5. Only low octane gas (less than 89) may be used.

6. The pass must be run within the time period of 1:01PM to 1:09PM EST, after successfully completing the preceding passes.

7. Adam's left hand must be tied behind his back during all passes.

8. No bindings are allowed. SeaDek may be adhered to the ski, upon which Adam may stand barefoot.

9. Upon Adam rounding 3 ball during the 41 off pass, the boat judge will commence shooting paintballs at him.

10. If the pass is completed, some payment involving cash, alcohol, or Beanie Babies will occur.

I have to admit, I don't think he can do it.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@AdamCord Yes, 41@36 has been run at Okee before. I saw Andy run it in a record tournament in Oct 2001. Albeit, technically it may not have counted because the new 2002 Nautique that was on display on the trailer was used at his request for his last round had not been approved by USAWS yet (New Hull). He came back after that pass and got a good 1 ball, but well inside of 2 @ 43. Was pretty damn impressive to see.

• Baller

Sorry for the delay, again, been working for the man in the salt mines. Phew.

After numerous requests and listening to the feedback, we’re going to do an exciting refresh.

Especially as I see that 41 was not run at the Swiss Pro thingy, the Masters nor any other tournament in the last 6 weeks!!!

To the fun part, here are the terms:

Adam Caldwell will not run 41@36 in a L-R tournament between today and Nov. 1st, 2022*

*But The Miami Pro stop on Nov. 4-6th IS NOW INCLUDED.

Yes Lake38 this weekend is included!!!

Yes, the BallofSpray tournament is included! Heck, I’d consider doubling the bet if someone is interested as how epic would that be if he smokes a legit 41 and makes me eat my hat at that tournament!

This requires a good boat path "green" at 39 and 41.

Disallows Trophy Lakes tournaments and Little Mountain Tournaments.

I'm laying 2.5 to 1 odds here too:

If he does complete it, I ship your house:

https://drizly.com/liquor/whiskey/scotch-whisky/oban-14-years-distillers-edition/p151976

OR

https://drizly.com/liquor/whiskey/scotch-whisky/bruichladdich-21-year-old/p31192

If you don’t like the above, let me know an alternative 2:1, I’m open as I don’t like scotch either.

If he does not complete it based on the above you owe me or similar:

https://drizly.com/liquor/whiskey/canadian-whisky/crown-royal-vanilla-flavored-whisky/p58394 1.75L bottle.

All is takes is a post of “Deal!” or “Challenge accepted” or “Handshake complete”. It’s got to be clear you accept the terms not some vague then you come back in six months saying I reneged on a wager. I’ll take anyone on except Bruce Butterfield and Than Bogan, they are excluded from the action.

Any of you other 32+ voters want in on the action, just post with “Deal!”

• Baller

I don’t think it’s crazy to disallow sights that you believe have a questionable reputation even if it’s from the past. It’s Scokes bet, he can make it whatever he wants.

For the record, I have a great deal of respect for Caldwell, Denali, Cord, Butterfield and Scoke.

I think Cord can run 41@36 if he would ski somewhere warm and ride the same ski with the same setup more than two sets.

• Baller_
@6balls What is a “legit record?” Are there “illegit record” tournaments whose scores actually go in the books? If so, how does that work? I know the tech and drivers committees look pretty closely at all the data (and there’s lots of data) from each ELR tournament.

Lpskier

• Baller
or it’s because those lakes have wire courses and wire courses are not approved to use with Sure-Path? At least that’s the case in Europe from what I’ve heard. So lakes in Europe with wire type course can not hold record capability tournaments any more…

• Baller
@Stefan further describe "wire courses". If you're referring to longitudinal cable (wire) they haven't been acceptable for record capability for as long as I can remember. However, cross cable courses have been, and as far as I know still are. It's not directly related to Sure Path. The rules were clear about that prior to SurePath. Also, I m pretty sure that the sites mentioned are individual anchor. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above.

• Baller

@lpskier wondering why certain sites that hold record tourneys must not be included if surveyed and a green light boat path? I never wrote anything about an illegit record tournament.

I'm willing to say I'm uninformed and be told why two sites don't count for @Scoke since he hasn't specified why and maybe assumes we all know--I'm admittedly not the expert on record tourney regulations or if there are problematic sites. I did help set up a record as a lackey(untrained help), but that's all I got. Skied it, watched pro's, it was fun.

Sure Shelby can make a bet any way he wants and see who takes it--I personally like him-- skied next to him multiple years at the skiwatch fall double. My point was that if the bet is simplied, perhaps there will be more participation(thus more fun)--the stakes are pretty small if we are talking about a bottle of liquor.

• Administrators

There are some sites that historically may have been guilty of some shenanigans. I think it's just hard to shake that reputation. In the current era if the buoys have been surveyed, sure path is in the boat, and the ropes are measured there's no reason to doubt the scores.

On the other hand, anytime you have officials that are willing to bend the rules you can manufacture inflated scores at any location.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

39 votes and no "Deal!" yet! WILD.

The gnashing of teeth, the pitch forks and internet name calling all due to between the two sites disallowed, how many rounds is that? only 3. LOL.

• Baller

@scoke for bruce to get that mad I am guessing he’s on a Denali or used to officiate at one or more of the sights you disallowed.

I would probably take the bet if I knew Caldwell was skiing a bunch of RC rounds. He is a beast.

• Baller_

@Dirt I'm not mad by any means. I was just pointing out someone who made a blanket statement and offered bets, then starts putting chickenshit restrictions out to walk back his original statement, then acting like everyone else is afraid or something.

He took what should have been a fun, friendly simple wager into something a trial lawyer would love.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

I propose a bet where if those who bet Caldwell runs 41 and he does…donate $20 to St Jude and those who bet against him donate $40. If Caldwell doesn’t run it the reverse is true.

Any record tourney before November 1 counts…either way St Jude wins and Caldwell scores for charity whether he runs it or not.

I don’t necessary want to run it, but would participate. Just an outside the box idea.

the list says 15 skiers have run 41 off in the last 24 years and a good portion have only run it once there really is only one skier who runs it with any regularity i'm more interested in who can step up and run it with some regularity say 40- 50 percent of the time instead of this once in a lifetime unicorn thing

• Members

@prk, interesting post. I agree, kind of, but the “yes or no, have your run it list” is attractively binary.

Discounting Nate, who has proven he can run 41 anywhere, anytime, day or night (yes I know it was a little slow), there are two skiers, Freddy and Will, who can run it at any time and who have done so often in big time tournaments. Detrick and Sacha can do it and have done it (and have run 4+ many times), but seem to have health issues. If you have run 4+ many times, 6 is right there.

Factoring age and height, it does seem like Joel Howley is next. Skiers like multi time world champ Tgas and former WR holder CP have age working against them to be consistent runners of 41. There is a reason you don’t see any 40+ athletes at the top of the game in any major sports.

I think Ryan Canepa could also run 41 if he dedicated himself to Crossfit for 6 months this winter.