Gloersen

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
I had the pleasure of watching in person, both Andy and Jamie run 41. I also pulled Jamie past 4 in a non-record. My vote for the next skier to complete the pass, is Adam. He positions himself the best with his high percent of 39's, combined with his ability, and his willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Yup, Adam.

• Administrators

@scoke it is not even odds that anyone will run their first 41 this season.

I'm a gambling man so I would be willing to wager that if one or more skiers runs their first 41 in a class L or R this season Caldwell will be one of those skiers.

The odds are in your favor so if Caldwell gets it done you owe me a bottle of "Oban 14 Year Single Malt". If anyone runs 41 by the end of the season and Caldwell does not I owe you something like a bottle of Woodford Reserve.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

"would be willing to wager" A CHALLENGER HAS APPEARED!!

Phew, reading your terms, I couldn't follow and it made my head hurt. I am a simpleton. Let's narrow this down and shake hands.

Adam Caldwell will not run 41@36 in a E-L-R tournament between today and Nov. 1st, 2022. This requires a good boat path "green" at 39 and 41. Disallows Trophy Lakes or Jeff Gilbert driving.

I'm laying 2 to 1 odds here too:

if he does complete it, I ship to the left coast, your house:

https://drizly.com/liquor/whiskey/scotch-whisky/oban-14-years-distillers-edition/p151976

If he does not you owe me:

https://drizly.com/liquor/whiskey/canadian-whisky/crown-royal-vanilla-flavored-whisky/p58394 1.75L bottle.

Deal?

Any of you other 30+ voters want in on the action?

• Baller
I think Adam Caldwell, is the best candidate, from what I have seen last year, he is capable of running it. But it could be someone from the old continent… young and promising, that I’ve seen him running it in practice…( I know practice doesn’t count and for a good reason). I know that someone coming out of the blue and running it is odd, but it can happen…

• Baller_
@APB, because his name is included in the list of those already considered to have run it - because he did. Check the very first post in this thread where the list of successful 41 off skiers is shown.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

@scoke I will take your bet but only under the following terms:

If I win you supply the scotch.

If you win I provide you 1 can of Olympia Beer but only if he runs it in CA, OR or WA on a Friday and MS is allowed back in the forum.

Seriously almost any one of them could do it. Cole or Hazelwood for top choices

• Baller

Player 3 has appeared in the room!! How exciting, now we are getting somewhere.

Ok I have updated the terms.

Adam Caldwell will not run 41@36 in a E-L-R tournament between today and Nov. 1st, 2022. This requires a good boat path "green" at 39 and 41. Disallows Trophy Lakes or Jeff Gilbert driving.

I'm laying 2.5 to 1 odds here AND taking on two friendly competitors too:

if he does complete it, I ship to the left coast, your house:

https://drizly.com/liquor/whiskey/scotch-whisky/oban-14-years-distillers-edition/p151976

OR

https://drizly.com/liquor/whiskey/scotch-whisky/bruichladdich-21-year-old/p31192

If he does not you owe me:

https://drizly.com/liquor/whiskey/canadian-whisky/crown-royal-vanilla-flavored-whisky/p58394 1.75L bottle.

Deal?

Any of you other 30+ 29 32 voters want in on the action

• Baller_

@scoke there is absolutely no reason to disallow trophy lakes. Its the home of several approved world records and is one of the best sites in the country. Is Trophy Lakes somehow "cheating" or illegitimate?

If you don't agree to that, I'm out as well.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Administrators

to be fair I am willing to admit that that site does have a bad reputation from 20 years ago.

I'm pretty sure @adamhcaldwell is the kind of guy that would not want a big score in the books if it was not 100% legit.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I didn't actually vote for Adam (hm, I guess Horton didn't either), but I could see joining this bet. I don't bet for profit, I bet for fun. And while I would most likely lose this one, it would be DAMN FUN if I won. In lieu of expensive disinfectants, my prize would be to bring it up constantly in all context regardless of whether it had anything to do with the topic at hand. But of course I can't do that unless I actually enter the bet and I actually win!

So if the Trophy Lakes limitation is removed, I will seriously consider it.

• Baller_

@scoke I'm confused. You marked "Awesome" on both Horton's and my posts that Trophy Lakes has to be a valid site, just like any other L/R tournament. Are you just relieved you found a way to weasel out of the wager you initiated?

Your first post was "LOL. Adam Caldwell won’t be the first in 2022 nor will he run it in 2022 in a Record tournament."

Then you attempted to walk it back with the completely unreasonable stipulation that a well qualified senior driver and a world class site don't count.

On the other hand, I can't say I blame your effort. You would be buying alot of expensive Scotch.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller_
@scoke Shelby: Your terms eliminate three pro tournaments, The Trophy Lakes Pro by Denali, June 11-12, The Malibu Open, September 3-4 and the Miami Pro, November 4-5. The first two are at Trophy Lakes and the third is after November 1. What are you worried about?

Lpskier

• Baller

Been salt mining, I’m back. Phew looks like things have been spicy and the natives are restless for sure!!

At 40 years old, running 41 off, that would be an accomplishment. Very fun.

Let’s make it interesting!!

2 Rounds Record capable, Saturday May 14th, Okeeheelee

2 Rounds Record capable, Sunday May 15th, Okeeheelee

You won’t run 41@36 between the 4 rounds that weekend, if you do it would require a good boat path "green" at 39 and 4.

I’ll lay some sick odds here:

If you DO run 41 either round, I’ll be the first to congratulate you on the shoreline with $300 cash. You can shake my hand and tell me to “F off” with a smile off course.

In addition, I’ll ship to John Horton in California either:

OR

https://drizly.com/liquor/whiskey/scotch-whisky/bruichladdich-21-year-old/p31192

ALSO, I’ll ship to Bruce Butterfield in Texas 1 of the above as well.

If you don’t run 41 either round, I get to autograph the top of your ski with a silver sharpie and have my photo taken with you holding it. That’s it.

Heck, we’ll put you up in our rental apartment for free which is 2.4 miles away from the site. We’ll have it ready for you Thursday night through Sunday. (no shenanigans from us on the free place to stay).

Deal? IM or email me and I’ll send you my address and phone number!!

Now we are having fun.