Colleges with ski team

Keith_Menard

• Members

Clemson has a Ski Team. No real snow skiing nearby but i'd honestly suggest he goes somewhere that excels in his dream career first, as well as does a Coop or Internship. It's nearly impossible to distinguish yourself nowadays and "entry" level jobs require experience. Getting one of the above will help to show that you have experience IN the field.

just my 10 cents (got to account for inflation.)

https://www.clemsonwatersports.com/

• Baller
Colleges with water ski teams and reasonably close to snow skiing - Cal State Chico, UC Davis, and Sac State (if they currently have a team) are all within 2 hours of snow skiing. Western Washington in Bellingham I would assume might be close enough to snow skiing. I had heard there were some kids skiing at Univ of CO Boulder, but not sure about that now. Even the central and southern Cal colleges that have water ski teams (Cal Poly, UCLA, San Diego State) will get you within a day's drive of snow skiing and usually all those teams have kids that want to head to the snow in the winter.

• Baller

JayShower above sent out the full list, not every team has set up a link to their website on that page, but they should all be on Instagram!

I'd suggest finding the college that's the best fit academically, then checking if they have a ski team. It's easy enough to start one that your son will be able to ski anywhere they go.

• Baller
A ski team is a cool thing socially for your kids to be a part of as they depart home--don't think of it as it needs to be elite unless your son is elite. Instant social network and life-long friends. Pick some good schools for other reasons--see if they have an established team, take that into consideration. Out of state/in-state can be massive differences in cost.

• Baller
I might be a little late to this, but Iowa State is an amazing school to consider. We have a private lake 20 minutes from campus that we are allowed to ski at. And snow skiing in Boone, IA, a small bunny hill (20 minutes away). Also, ISU takes a snow ski trip out west every winter for our off-season training.

• Baller
ASU is an amazing option. Sooo much to do, from hiking to open water boating. They waterski year round with organized coaching. There are also many snow skiers on the team. They are within 3 hours of Snowbowl and make team trips to Mammoth, Vail, Purgatory, Tahoe etc. Its pretty crazy how much they do. From Hawaii to Moomba, the team is very tight.