Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

It appears that you cannot trust BoatTrader.com

Horton

• Administrators

If you have been following along with the story about the black ProStar w/ red interior for sale at a killer price you know it is a scam.

See https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/26457/any-leads-on-a-2014-prostar/p1

What really makes me angry is that I have messaged the social media accounts at Boat Trader a number of times telling then that the ad is for a fake boat and yet I see it in my Instagram feed almost every day. Now I understand that they can not check out every boat they advertise but I do not think it is unreasonable to follow up on repeated reports of fraud.

jqcd6897j4u0.png

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Ah Ha ! I have so many people interested in it, if you want me to hold it for you, Transfer X Amount of Dollars into my Bank Account and it's yours.

Oh Yeah !

Old Scam they advertise everything under the sun and pull the same stunt time and time again, because it appears a bargain.

Good Folk get sucked in and lose money.

Dislike those scammers a lot, nearly got burnt when looking for a Trailer, but common sense prevailed.

• Baller

@Stevie Boy hit the nail on the head....COMMON SENSE PREVAILED. Boat trader is run about 10 people...with hundreds of thousands of ads....so are the other for sale websites. Just use your common sense.

I think my dad said this first ..haha...When it's too good to be true, it is too good to be true.

• Baller_

I dont know, maybe in this current deteriorating waterski environment there will be a lot of fire sales on boat's, skis, property and equipment.

You take the current policy's in usaws that have run off a large number of members. over Anal ideology in the sport that have run off a number of members. as well as just the extreme cost to participate in the current social environment. i think there just may be a lot of fire sales on boats..

just my thought

• Baller

@horton that was me suggesting the boat was here in Aus a while back.

I just checked out this Denny's website. There is a Black/White 2020 TXI on there now that was also for sale here only a few months ago. No question this operation is dodgy.

• Baller

Sadly one of the members at my lake sent payment in full for this boat about a week ago, about $50,000 Canadian. It was supposed to arrive from Texas to Buffalo today where he was going to drive across the border and pick it up. Weirdly, the scammer is still answering his phone calls, and says he will refund the money on Monday. I’m pretty sure that’s not going to happen. Does anyone have any ideas on what recourse he would have?

Edited by T-fromTO

• Baller

@T-fromTO certainly it's sad anytime someone gets scammed.  Also makes you angry.  No offense to your acquantance, but I find it hard believe that anyone would send money in a deal like that.  I guess I'm just too jaded and distrustful. 

Is it the responsibility of Boat Trader to vet ads placed with them?  Maybe.

Edited by LeonL

• Baller
3 hours ago, LeonL said:

@T-fromTO certainly it's sad anytime someone gets scammed.  Also makes you angry.  No offense to your acquantance, but I find it hard believe that anyone would send money in a deal like that.  I guess I'm just too jaded and distrustful. 

Is it the responsibility of Boat Trader to vet ads placed with them?  Maybe.

The guy is smart and successful but really new to the sport. He learned a very hard lesson. I really wish the rest of us at the lake had paid more attention/helped him out.