ROBOT

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller
Thanks @slow. I think I have the thinner ones as well. I'll re-heat and try them inside the liner. If that doesn't work out, I might try to add some filler to the top inside shell to keep my foot better connected to the ski.

• Administrators

I confess I've had the new plate for a while. It's dishwasher safe and I use it to serve sushi.

or it fits the hardware perfectly and keeps the boot straighter. not going to say I've tied my all time PB with it but it could have happened.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

This week I ordered the vapour boot after 1 year on a T-Factor(the outer layer failed) and had my first set yesterday. I feel that the boot is at the perfect spot on the ski from the first mounting. Immediately my weight distribution felt much better than with the T-Factor. Being a bit anxious about release in a fall I ran the boa and the bungee loose. I kept tightening them after every two passes to the point where the boot felt best for my skiing. At the end of the set I tried to get my foot out with the liner, but I had press with my back foot really hard. This was effortless with the T-Factor.Now I am a bit paranoid what will happen in a bad fall. I read all the comments about the reflex and mob plates and I am not sure what to do. Keep trying till I get the sweet spot for the boot to release or just order a reflex plate?

• Baller_

Curious how the Vapor boots adapt (or don't) to the angle of a slightly bow-legged leg?Below is a pic of my T-Factor, which after two years has kinda shifted on it's own to fit my leg (RFF). I know

in this thread about the old Vapor boots

, someone even suggested adding a wedge, though others said the boots would just break in.

• Baller

Love the boots and they have helped me feel more connected to my ski and record my best tournament score of the season. My ski partners say I appear faster and in a better position over the ski. I have one Left on each of my 2 skis fronts along with the original Vector LTD boa's on the rear. Loving the set up. One boot is about 8 months older than the other I have a footbed in that one, the other is brand new delivered by Perf.Ski just 2 weeks ago, I put the same footbed in the new Boot and could barely get my foot in, I was cramping so I removed it. Could be it needs time to stretch out or perhaps a different production run. Either way they are great, If I could change anything I would like the Boa knob on the same side of both boots ---- like on the Vectors--- but I suspect it wasn't possible. Thanks

and Team Radar!

• Baller

Robin Hood Watersports. Reliable and helpful. I deal with George. They may need to order it for you. PM me re what you may need to order. I use the boot on a Radar plate with my Reflex front loop and 840 release. I had to order a Radar plate as I take a US 11 boot which does not fit the Reflex plate, although a US10 would. If using a mechanical release you must change the top bungee for a lace. Whether you use a mechanical release or fix it to a plate, it has a flat sole and sits flat on the plate and is unbelievably comfortable.

• Baller

My boy switched from a Vactor to a new Vapor Boot, RTP, and carbon plate with micro-adjustments.  We are running Cole G's numbers from the 22 Vapor thread (66").  

Any tricks on binding measurements with this set up?  What is the best way to measure to get to "stock" binding settings on a 22 Vapor with this set up?  

IMG_5235.jpeg

Edited by jjackkrash