ROBOT

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller

Ok, reluctantly put the vapor boot on this evening…. Approximately to where I thought should be the right placement. Took the screwdriver with me and with a little heartbeat went in to try it.

It was like a revelation, run 2x -28 and 3out of 4 -32. It was like having a better version of my ski or better settings, remembered this lost feeling of the rubber boot that you could feel the front of the foot on the footbed and your ankle naturally flex forward. My offsides were instantly improved leading to better leverage position when crossing, leading to a better on side as well.

Best money spent, can’t wait to ski again.

Was thinking that I would need an adjusting period, but no, every pass was better than the previous one and really close to what I normally run. I have high hopes now.

• Baller
Just waiting for them to be released to the masses. That was probably an early release or prototype. Last I heard from Brooks was they were waiting on shipment. Probably stuck on a boat somewhere ?‍♂️ Once they get them you’ll see them on Radar site and Perski most likely. I’ve been waiting patiently for a month ……

• Baller
@ColeGiacopuzzi I believe that’s the same plate I have and currently use with my new Vapor boot screwed down. I don’t use the Reflex release or base plate due to the canting issue. Word from Brooks was new plates are on way that offset the toe bar for left or right boot so it mounts straight. I didn’t see an option to select left or right for the Vapor plate on the Radar plate so assume it’s the first run plate.

• Baller

@dchristman reflex plate, the old carbon with the multiple holes at the back. Didn’t know about a new radar plate was out.

At least, the little off center at the front is to the side that doesn’t hurt me. It took forever for the boot to arrive and would take forever for the new plate too. So for now I’m staying with this plate and look to it in the future.

Thank for the info, it’s good that they addressed the issue and came out with a new plate.

And boot is not cheap to buy without trying. My fellow skiers were waiting for me to try it, before purchasing one. Now I think that there will be some more sales in my area.

• Baller

The new vapor boot is insanely responsive and comfy compared to the previous model. I started the season using the double boot set up but have been experimenting since then. I’m currently on a 22 Vapor Pro/22 Vapor boot with a custom made rear toe loop. It took a while to get comfortable with the rear toe kicker but now used to it. The ski is noticeably faster and takes less effort across the wakes. Seems dropping the weight of the rear boot has got me out of the back seat and more balanced resulting in a more efficient position. I do have crappy circulation in my feet so about my 6th pass I start to cramp a little but the way this new boot wraps around the foot with the boa is amazing. Feels like a slipper.

I may chop up my rear boot to make it like a reflex r- style next.

• Baller

ll3bbq0pcukx.jpeg

Got the Vapor Boot set up yesterday with the Reflex release on the offset Vapor plate from Radar! Very comfortable and felt more reactive than my reflex boot!

Took a couple passes to get the feel of it and then ran up to my practice PB for this year! I think with some tweaking of the boot placement on the ski it will get even better! Thanks to Brooks and Horton for the help with the set up.

Plan on slotting the plate today and add the Mikrojust and dial in the boot placement!

• Baller

@Fastguy888 @KRoundy or anyone else using the boots without reflex release system. Do you come out of the boots as easy as the old vapor boots? I`m on a pair of 2016 vapor boots that are going to need to be replaced soon but I love the way I come out of these the few OTF I have taken. Also I wear a size 9 shoe and the 2016 vapor boots I have now are a 10 and they fit perfect. Saw a few pairs of 2021 vapors boots on sale but would rather get the 2022 if they release just as well.

• Baller
@foxriverat I have been on the new Radars with the Radar plate for most of this season. The release is the same with one caveat. The older version, I felt like the bottom half (with the BOA) could not be over tightened and the release was controlled buy the upper lace. The new Binding with the Hard shell lower can be over tightened. I get it snug then tighten further in small increments testing the release as go by attempting to pull my foot out. I love the new bindings and in my opinion they are the best bindings on the market.

• Baller
@foxriverat I have not yet had fall where I would need to release with the new Vapors, but with the bungee upper and the same liner I would expect them to release in a similar fashion to the previous boots. When done skiing and kicking my ski off in the water it takes effort to keep the liners in the boots - the liners want to come out. But yet somehow when skiing I feel locked and and in control. It’s like magic! ?

• Baller
@foxriverat my set up for these is a little different than other bungee / lace up / BOA bindings. On my size 12's the BOA laces high enough up the top of my foot that getting the BOA too snug can prevented my foot from releasing, even with the top bungee almost completely loose. What works best for me is tightening the BOA snug but not firm, tightening the upper bungee, then I will release the BOA to take off some tension and then snap it back down without tightening it. This results in the upper bungee being pretty snug, BOA not having loose line but barely snug. I find with the rigid lower the bindings are still very responsive even with the BOA barely snug.

• Baller
@slow I have a very narrow foot. When I 1st got them and tried on, I was concerned there was too much room, even though lengthwise they fit perfectly. Cranking down the boa locks my foot in nicely, and felt great when skiing. Still wondering if a footbed would help fill volume, but I think they're working fine without.

• Baller
Thanks for the responses. Seems like you guys feel they run true to size. Like I said earlier I normally wear a size 9 and the vapor boots I have now are a 10 and they fit perfect. I wouldn`t want to go any smaller on a new vapor boot. Maybe thats why the rubber in back is just starting to tear at the seam after 6 years.

• Baller

@Deanoski like @UWSkier said there is more there than it shows in the pic!

@GMC I started the season in my reflex ss3 but went back to my white cuff after I found a new white cuff shell! I like the white cuff better than the SS3.

I wore size 8 Reflex but the size 8

Vapor boot was too tight so I swapped for a size 9 Vapor and it fits perfectly!

• Baller

@OldboyII I love my Radar boot with the toe and heel release! I have built a number of these systems for other skiers. I believe this currently is the best boot out there. I replace the bungee laces with hard laces and I also removed the heel screw. I have been using this boot since January.

ye1lovvm9qqj.jpeg

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller
Anyone else experienced this type of thing? Possibly had the binding set up wrong with the set screw out?Went otf hard and body is fine thought I had come out with liner but turns out the top of the binding stayed with my foot..lli1e7w6iabvq.jpeg

• Baller
I should add here that this is 100% pilot error, a result of pulling for a buoy I was unlikely to get no matter what as I continue my adjustment to ZO in our new tug. Also very thankful that it wasn’t my knee or ankle that gave way. Incredible response from @brooks FWIW I put the cuff back on and put the rear set screw in and went free skiing. Binding a bit stiffer but still functional. Still love it.

• Baller

@slow in the D3 NRG thread you mentioned adding Sole footbeds to fill volume in your new Vectors. I have the same issue and just put some into my new Vapors today. I'm assuming you put them directly on the binding footbed, underneath the Intuition liners rather than in the liners.

When I skied with them today, I was having a heckuva time, thinking I just need to adapt to be slight raised up above my ski. My feet also started cramping after a few minutes. I probably just need a few sets to adapt, but was wondering if you had any issues?