2022 Senate Pro Experience?

503Kento

• Baller

Anybody got time on the ‘22 senate pro build? It’s one of the ski’s I’m looking at for next season (currently on a 2019 senate alloy) but I think I’ll have a hard time getting a demo as my local shop rarely has 65’s and rarely the higher level builds. So I’m looking for some input from folks that have some time on it.

FWIW, I’m just starting to run -32 at 34mph, 5’6” 145lbs

Thanks!

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller

I am on the 22 Pro Build Senate - Last year on a 2021 Pro build. I have only had it for two weeks and most of that time the weather has been terrible. I’m a 32 MPH 28 off (occasional complete 32’s) skier. 72 years old. Stock settings on the 22 seem best so far. It skis just like the 21 - maybe slightly more mistake forgiving.

My buoy count hasn’t improved so far, but it is too early to be sure.

• Baller

I'm on a 2022 Senate Pro coming off a 2019 Senate Lithium. My first time on it, I tied my PB. I do find it a little more sensitive to shoulder position in my offside turn than the 2019 (which was a 71, '22 is a 69) and am at the high end of the weight range for it at 245 lbs. I get a little porpoising on the offside from time to time, but when I ski like I know what I'm doing, the offside on this thing is just crazy good. It turns hard on both sides. First time I rode it, it felt like there was a bungee cord attached to the tip in the offside trying to pull it back across course. Automagic.

I'm a 34 MPH skier and my PB is 5@28. 6@28 on my OffCourse. :)

• Baller

@503Kento, We have a 2022 65 and 67 Senate Pro’s along with a 2022 67 Vapor Pro here in Northern Cal (Sacramento Area).

Our lake is open until the end of November.

I ski on the 2022 67 Vapor Pro -32 @32mph 200lbs, and my primary ski partner skis is on the 2022 67 Senate Pro -32 @30mph. For a limited time she has a ‘22 65 Senate Pro and the 67 Vapor Pro in her possession

• Members
I have ridden both the 2019 Senate Pro and currently skiing the 2022 Senate Pro. To me the 2019 rides a nice sooth line and when your on it it's great and goes along way. The 2022 turns and accelerates, much better and has the capability to allow you to add in some scramble if needed. That said it did take me longer (a few weeks tweaking the setup), to settle in to the ski than the senates of the past. I think this was because as I moved from the 2017-2021 Senates they skied similar but more refined in feel in design progression. That said , I was skiing occasional 4@11.25 and have gained +/- 5 buoys since riding the 2022 (now running 11.25 regular and a best of 3@ 10.75) so no complaining. I'm on a 69 , 6,6 240lb, Ski@55k. Overall, I like it alot better and would not switch back.

• Baller

@503Kento. I will talk to her this afternoon. The 67” Senate is hers. She is giving the 65” Senate and 67” Vapor a try to see which one works best for her. Right now she is gravitating to staying on her 67” Senate. I think today will be a A vs B test with the Vapor. I tried her 67 Senate to my Vapor and I could not get the ski to slow down in the pre-turn. It also felt like it was riding a little higher in the water in the pull behind the boat. Other than that he feel between the Vapor and he Senate felt very similar. I was as comfortable on the Senate as my Vapor.

Now that the water is getting colder, everything is feeling faster.

• Baller
Loved my 2019 Senate Pro Build. Went to a Radar demo day last week. Tried the 22 pro build and loved it so much that it “followed me home”. To me, much easier to turn and get angle which gives me way less “ emergencies” to deal with. New pb this morning and tied it this afternoon. Gonna be a fun summer!

• Baller
I’m headed to the Radar Nation tour at Radar lake June 18th to give both the Senate and and Vapor a spin. One of them will probably “follow me home” just like @bikesrus ?

• Baller
@Sethro I am, though it's a different shape so it's hard to know for certain. Biggest difference I've noticed with the 69 vs 71 is that on the 69, when I need to turn, it'll turn, even if I've over-cooked my entry speed. The 71 would just go blazing past the ball at mach 3. But again, different shape probably has a bit to do with that also.

• Baller

Just picked up a 65in 2022 Senate Lithium to play around with as a second ski. On 66in 22 Vapor Pro now, but have ridden all year models and will post some results when I can. Im 5'7" 170 + so on the upper edge of recommended weight for the 65. The 67 Senate is a large ski and feels way too big for me. (Measured over 67 1/2) If I kept it I could have messed with some settings (DFT) to get it where I needed but it went to a good home instead. Seems the trend is shorter and wider (Denali) which the Senate fits so could be interesting. So its either a keeper or will be for sale soon.

• Baller
I went from a 67” 2019 Senate Pro to a 67” 2022 Senate Pro a few weeks ago. I’m about 8 sets in and still getting used to the new ski. First thing I noticed is that it seems to turn much quicker on my onside and feels faster cross course. It’s a bit harder to get up on and I’m struggling on my early passes (-22 and -28) but it seems to work better for me as I get into -32 and -35. Matt Rini watched me run my opener on it and told me that it was the ugliest pass he has ever seen me run?‍♂️. He suggested moving boots back and that seems to help. I’m within 2 buoys of my PB and feel that I could set a new PB once I get more time on it.

• Baller

Terrible spring weather here so far but of the 3 times on mine I love it. Coming off a 2021. Still shaking rust off but it’s at least as good as the 21. Hard to notice a lot of difference yet but I’ll report back after some more sets.

My son reports that “it looks cooler” on the water w the bright green lettering on the bottom for what that’s worth ?

• Baller

I'd like to try a little wider ski than I am on right now for a few reasons including injury reduction. I'm down to Vapor or Senate, 68" or 69.5" Vapor or 69" Senate. All are wider than my current ski. I am on the outside of the recommended limit for a 67" Senate and sometimes carry more weight than I am carrying right now so I am going to rule that out. The 69" senate seems a bit big but maybe that's what I need.

Right now I am Men's 4 / 200 lbs./34 mph/ can run -28 off on a good day. I have skied better when I was healthier and ran -32 occasionally and hope to be there again sooner rather than later.

Which ski out of the three? What say ye?

• Baller

@jjackkrash I have a 67" 22 Senate and a friend has a 67" 22 Vapor. Basically the same ski except the Senate is about 1/10 of an inch wider than the Vapor.

I'm coming off an older C75.

This year I had some surgery in my abdomen and I'm still trying to lose weight from not being active during recovery. And due to the surgery..........I need to be careful getting up.

I've ridden both skis and the Senate is definitely easier to get up on. You wouldn't think the extra width matters - but it does.

I'm 6'2" 205 (heavy for me) M5 and run -32 on a good day. Stock settings work well for me (I ski occasionally with Trent F. and he turned me onto the ski and size).

I DO believe that the ski would perform better once I get down to about 195.

• Baller
I rode a 69" Senate Pro today and it was fun and very stable but too big for me, IMO. I might try and demo a 67" Senate, but I conferred with Brooks W. and he thinks 68" Vapor is a better option for me. So that is where I am leaning right now. I think a neighbor has a 69.5" vapor and I might steal that for a set just to see.

• Baller

6'2" 34mph and 28-32off - Had the '19 Senate for 3 years and super happy.

Just bought a "22. Easy to ski - super stable and solid. Great ski because you just have to focus on skiing and nothing else.

• Baller

Isn't the '22 ride more tip high? I was interested but I am too back foot biased as it is and would like a ski to help me ride more level not make it worse. I am sure others are more balanced than me. I can run mid 35 off at old man's speed, 32 mph, so tip up skiing makes it harder for me. Comments?

• Baller
I talked to @brooks about that whole tip high thing before I skied on the 2022 Vapor. He assured me it’s not like the ski likes to wheelie it is supposed to mean you can turn the ski from a variety of positions on the ski (at least I think that’s what he said). I’ve got a few weeks on the Vapor and there is no tendency to wheelie that I can detect and I’m really loving my new Vapor.

• Baller
Agree with OKskier. Never had issues w wheelies on any Senates including 22 pro. I’ve heard of some moving their bindings forward. I haven’t messed w fin or binding placement. Works great stock at my level (28 off/34 mph ). Plus I really don’t know how to adjust the fin, or own calipers. Maybe if I ever got good ? I’d start tweaking. Right now it seems perfect stock

• Baller

Yeah, mine is totally stock as well - did a few 28 offs at 34mph and ski seems great.

Only time it wheelies is when I'm not patient and lean back too early in the turn.

@Woodybc62 - you might want to check the fin settings though. Depth and length were good but the DFT was way off from the factory