T-factor users

disland

• Baller_

Good day T factor users.  I have borrowed a pair for our annual Lake Curlew trip. On my new C85 with front boot all the way forward I'm at 29.25" or all the way back at 28.5". Can the plate be moved on the boot to get the binder farther forward on the ski?

Thanks, Dave

• Baller

Boiling hot water to remove the pad, I have a customized plate, where I drilled and counter sunk a new set of holes, gave me another 1/2 to 5/8.

re-apply sticky back craft felt and trim to suit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Baller

I have been using the T-Factor for about 5 years. Measure from the back of your heal not the back of the boot.  The boot has a lip that sticks out that your heal will never push back into.  I am also a little shorter than most of the 6'3" pros. Only 5'7" size 9.5"/43.5mondo.  In order to get my feet closer together I removed some of the front of the rear plate with a dremmel sanding drum and removed the back plastic part of the front binding.  Much better with feet closer.  The front boot pushes you more forward than you might think.

20240808_173205790_iOS.jpg

• Baller

@Rednucleus where do you measure from? Measurements should be taken inside the horseshoe and tape pressed against the heel rubber, better if you can stick the metal end in between the rubber and plastic horseshoe.  I guess you probably know this…

also, yes you can move the front boot forward on the plate, you would need to drill and countersink new holes and move the footbed too.

• Baller_
Posted (edited)

Thanks all for the quick replys!  Yes, I measured as you described.  As these are borrowed boots will not be making any mods - but liking them enough to order a pair and keep my Animals on my trusty old CX Superlite.

Edited by Rednucleus
  • Like 1

• Baller

The only change I know of is the bungee they use on the top. In fact, if you take one apart, the base plate and rubber is the same as the D3 leverage. Its really just a different wrap. The T factor has an extra thin rubber piece over the instep. However, with all that said, I went back to putting HO Venom rear lace back on mine. Just personal prefrence.

• Baller

The rear boot used to have slits in the back of the upper.  They ripped out.  They stopped cutting slits in the heal.  The heal rear wrap is now a front wrap but just a smaller size.  I have had 3 fronts and they all appear identical .  

• Baller_
Posted (edited)

I moved my T-Factors forward on a C85 a 1/4" more than the holes and slits in the plate permitted.   I had to extend the back slits by cutting the slits all the way out the back of the plate.  Then used a Stainless washer on the back screws to reinforce the plate's connection to the ski.  To be clear, the stainless washers extended about 1/8" beyond the back of the plate.  I could have added new inserts for the rear screws, but I trusted the screw and washer more than a DIY insert.

If you decide to move the boots forward on the plate, as someone else mentioned, put the plate in very hot water before attempting to peel the foam cushion off of the plate.

Edited by swbca

• Baller
23 hours ago, wettek69 said:

Has there been any changes to T Factors since they were introduced?

Yes… they have changed the overlay, new one, rubber on the rear is one piece without slits and possibly more durable, the old one had a cut where the instep is, new one doesn’t. Some liked the old one more because of that, it allowed flexing forward a little easier 

• Baller_
1 minute ago, skialex said:

Yes… they have changed the overlay, new one, rubber on the rear is one piece without slits and possibly more durable, the old one had a cut where the instep is, new one doesn’t. Some liked the old one more because of that, it allowed flexing forward a little easier 

D3 just replaced my older overlay on the rear boot because it ripped at the top slit.  They sent the new overlay without slits. They quit cutting the slits because of ripping.

• Baller

I put my D-3  t factor on a HO. Plate 

they use the same hole pattern  on the bottom so easy to change over with out drilling counter sinking ect

the HO animal and D-3. Boots use the same plastic mounting plastic pieces 

E1FC4C43-A44E-45BA-BD9A-7179F3A9015E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1