BallOfSpray Against Cancer

Horton

• Administrators

The last few years have been rough for the BallOfSpray community. I can count 3 forum members who were personal friends of mine who lost their lives to cancer. I am sure many more members have been touched by cancer in their own ways. I am at a loss for words about my fallen friends.

With that in mind I have decided to raise money for St Jude.

Click here to donate

• Baller

A high school friend's son, Connor, was diagnosed with an aggressive baseball size brain tumor at 5 years old. Doctors from a few big name children's cancer centers said they didn't know if he would survive the surgery required to remove the tumor much less have any quality or longevity of life thereafter. They went to St Jude on a wing and a prayer, were given the best care possible and never charged a penny for his treatment or follow ups. Today Connor is a happy, healthy 13 year old with a bright future.

This is just one example of what St Jude can do for families.

Thanks Horton!

• Baller
My brother died of cancer at the age of 12 from leukemia, he battled cancer for seven years and our family would make frequent trips to St Jude to take him for treatments and he had many long stays there. Our family didn’t have money and like advertised St Jude doesn’t charge anything for patient care: You can’t put into words what it is like, I was young so I didn’t understand when I had made friends the previous visit and the next time down those friends were “gone” I just figured they got better and left but as I later learned they were gone to a better place without suffering. If you can make any donation to St Jude please do I can tell you first hand they gave my family a lot more time with my brother than we would have had and I am so thankful for them