2022 Mastercraft Prostar - Announcement

shufflehuff

• Supporting Member

It looks like Mastercraft quietly updated their website yesterday with 2022 models. The Prostar page makes reference to the 2022 model year, along with a few pictures that have changed. The starting price appears to have increased around 5% from 2021 up to $78,850. Is anyone aware of any changes in the boat from 2021 to 2022? Has the options list changed at all?

2022 Mastercraft Prostar

9a7bfk3k1rpn.png

u2o8lkf7eudc.jpeg

• Baller_
@theboardingschool - interesting comment, if the tower pitches the nose down which adds wetted surface there must be some power increase or aero drag decrease to allow the boat to overcome the extra surface drag. If it pitches up to reduce wetted surface I can see a speed increase due to less surface drag. If the water surface texture changes between tests, surface drag will be affected.

Here are the color changes from 21-22. pv51cbjysyf5.png

Mine is on order and should be here in Sept/Oct time. From what I heard on changes, No longer offers “X” stitch, Cover & Bimini only come in black, Go Pro Mount Pylon not available (although my bubild sheet still has the mount on it so???). There ya go.

Also, only will accept 87Octane

@Andre let me see about posting a design a boat pic. My daughter was the designer this time, and convinced me to go with Kahuna blue instead of the more conservative option. Im excited to see the results.

@sodbuster88 That interior looks sweet. The grey in your pic looks much darker than the grey in the ad. Im surprised how good the tan looks with the grey... I would not have tried that.svtu8lrlgquf.png

@ironhorse , I think you are the one who convinced me on team talk. I was concerned of the flake vs non flake blues. Still kinda thinking I should have gone a bit of the blue on the interior... although I stayed a bit more reserved with grey with black.

@6balls my prostar this year is black and red with some silver flake. I was never a red guys with boats, although this years boat has converted me. I bought the black/red boat after I found my 22 build was going to take longer than I thought...

• Baller
@swb911 , I do remember that Teamtalk post. I do like the black Mastercraft lettering that you have on your build. The polished silver lettering does not show up well in certain light on the gunmetal flake. There was nothing else that I would change though.

• Baller

Besides the colors, there is one change to the hull. A new recess near the rear of the boat. Lou Alcamo told our Promo guy that it's to help with low speed handling and has no effect on wake or tracking. I took this photo of his new hull at the dealer a couple of days ago.kktqxagbs6cf.jpg

• Administrators

@Roger I'm confused by your above comments.

The 2021 it is a substantial upgrade over the 2014 - 2020. Many changes to the hull as well as the interior, construction methods, and amenities.

There are no changes to the hull between the 2021 and the 2022.