Which foot forward?

Tige

Gday all. We are having trouble distinguishing which foot forward for my 9yo daughter who is progressing to a single ski. She is left handed and we have done the push step test but she is unsure which is better. Is there a better way to determine or is it just feel. Thanks.

• Baller
Not a fan of the whole push test or soccer ball thing. Maybe because I'm RFF so I break the rules on those. Every single person I know that has ever ridden a skateboard or scooter has their same foot forward as when they ski. So if you're looking for some dryland testing/practice give that a shot.

• Baller
If you push from behind you have to surprise them....and see which foot they catch themselves on when they don't expect it. Skateboard is probably a good indicator, although I rode skateboard wrong (right foot dominant, left foot forward) I would push with left foot but with right foot on the back. Wish I was right foot forward now slalom. I think lifting each foot while skiing doubles to see which is more comfortable is the best. I would think the foot you would kick a ball with would want to be FRONT foot normally....?

• Baller

@mlange I ski LFF and skateboard RFF. Fairly proficient at both, which I think is a requirement if you want to assign any significance to which foot forward you skate with. Also knew a few guys that would push a skateboard with their front foot while having their foot on the back of the board.

Testing these rules against people who already ski is pure folly. They've already selected a foot, but who's to say they chose correctly when they started?