Distance From Center - Episode 48 ( The Swiss Pro & BPMS issues )

• Baller

I agree with @Horton, or perhaps more emphatically, I find it impossible to score 1/4 and ski away. It just can't happen. If the skier get outside the plane of the buoy and doesn't fall they have to come back, especially at 39. I see no way not to come back inside the buoy line, and very quickly. Even at 15 off it would take an effort to stay outside.

And did I hear correctly that there were 4 or 5 rerides due to boat path? Allie, Will, JT, Dane and another but uncertain. I don't know exactly were I stand on that. I'm a stickler for rules, but with electronically calculated variance opposed to rules that were originally designed to be enforced with the human eye and end course video.....?

• Baller
Re-ride took nothing away from show for me. Since technology is available think you have to go with it. If tolerances are too tight now that we can accurately measure maybe rule change in order. Glad I’m not a driver!

• Administrators

@JAS

After a bunch of events we will have a better idea. Maybe the tolerances need to be bigger. Maybe some boats are harder to drive. Maybe other stuff. Maybe the rules are correct as they stand.

• Baller
Super nice competition and webcast indeed. But am i the only one to notice that it was only 1300-1400 viewers worldwide, even for the final? How can that be, what's the federations and the IWSF are doing to promote the sport, and show to people what's the best you can do on water? This sport becoming more and more, for multiple reasons, a sport for the happy few too. It's kind of sad...we are really far from the coors light tour on tv...

• Administrators

@igkya well I record in my closet because it's the best acoustic place in my house. It's that piece of canvas behind me or all my t-shirts? I'll stick with the canvas background.