Anyone Ski in Brandon FL ?

Tarek

• Baller

Hello,

I have moved to Brandon FL and I am looking for convenient ski club/partner to join. I go to Ski Paradise but it's still a drive.

I don't have a boat but I can drive and I can pay $20 a set to share expenses with boat owner. Appreciate your advice

Regards,

Tarek

• Baller

Yeah I have skied at McCormick with Mike few time but since he only do coaching sets prices $55 it wasn't a good option for me on the long run.

@MitchellM Is there is any sort of club/membership deals/prices at McCormick that I am not aware of? Appreciate your advice.

Tarek

• Baller
@Tarek I don't know of any sort of club/membership deals at McCormick. You would have to speak with Michael directly regarding something like that. I typically ski with my family and book him for 1 hour. We're pretty organized and are able to each get our sets in. We need the coaching, so we feel this is a great value for all of us.

• Baller

@ski6 I don't know how that works but I wish we can have a club around here soon!!

@LeonL I ski with Bill at Mulberry, its an awesome place with 2 lakes and very nice members. There is no club boat there, and since I don't have a boat it's a bit pricey option for me plus the hour drive.

• Baller
@LeonL yes Bill Martins,he's a great friend and he coached me a lot. It's not as a ski school for sure, around $30/set plus $700 annual membership fees. With the one hour drive it's not very easy and convenient for me that's why looking for more convenient alternatives.

• Baller

One option may be to buy a boat together with some others, and keep it at Ski Paradise.

I drive by the below Lake often; it would be perfect for a course. But I don’t know who owns it.

It’s east of highway 301 in Riverview, and just north of Rhodine Rd. There are no boats on this lake.

80fahhjgr4o1.jpeg

• Baller

@Tarek - "With the one hour drive it's not very easy and convenient for me that's why looking for more convenient alternatives."

One hour drive? When I drive from Brandon to Mullberry, it's about 25 minutes...

• Baller

@Roger I am actually in Palm river, 10 mins west of Brandon. I just say Brandon since a lot don't know Palm river.

If I go to ski paradise in Mulberry early in the morning on weekend it's a good 45 mins, however coming back around noon i hit all traffic lights on 60 and takes more time, an hour and sometimes more.