Ski storage ideas?

Dysco

• Baller
Having accumulated a few skis, and having a couple that I will use interchangeably depending on the conditions or my mood, I was thinking about wall or ceiling storage ideas that allows them to be out of the way. Easy to access AND/OR possibly a method of display in the garage or shed other than on a shelf for example, or maybe even your home. If you've got something or made something ingenious and beautiful, or very simple and effective, share a pic.

• Baller

@Dysco the Rocker Rack holds anything too, Slalom and Trick. I didn’t have a set of Jumpers to try. Notice the pic where I stuck a kneeboard in there. Held it, no issue, so I’m sure wakeboards, skates, and surfers would all fit too.

Peter, the guy that builds them is a great guy. He worked with me over multiple iterations of lengths and widths to get them just right for water skis.

Oh yeah, you can mount them on a piling/pole for easy storage and space savings. I’ll post a pic. I’m just getting my boathouse built, so all my pics are from the garage

• Baller

Super simple and versatile. 2X2 and dowels and button caps. Can make as tall as needed or if you have a long wall do several side by side. Easy. Wife insisted on painting them the same as the laundry room cabinets. The button caps on the end of the dowels help with keeping hangars from sliding off the ends of the dowels when weighted with multiple hangars. Can install inside or boat house or garage - super easy. Under $150pj6v70cgudb.jpg

ka3yysl86tw5.jpg

w6ijkax9119j.jpg

• Baller

Here is what I use in my boat garage. 1/2” pvc pipe holds the skis and wakeboards. I put up 2 dowels for hanging vests wetsuits and gloves and have a fan pointed in there direction to help dry them. Also mounted a pulley system in the ceiling to hold the tower when not on the boat which is 99% of the time. Also a couple of pvc pipes to hang up the ropesxtifilehf2wy.jpeg

w46d11zixyax.jpeg

cdjv7tfx7yvj.jpeg

ousxoftynmas.jpeg

3k5zj4zb7nnm.jpeg

• Baller

@cougfan it seems like it but most of them belong to fellow skiers that leave their old skis to me to sell them. Who ever wants a used ski asks me first... like a very localized sia.

I do however have a collection of skis, some rare and some that meant something to me.

Such as a wooden reflex, a carbon works, a Warp and some more...

• Baller

@skialex , yeah, that's a real shite hole! ? 1st world problems eh? Very nice set up and organizing!

My only suggestion might be to make a couple hanging holsters for your drills/impact at your charging area. That would free up shelf space above. I used a couple of pieces of 4" pvc and they work great. Oh, and magnetic tool holders strips are really sweet for hand tools if you have any interest. jf1fgkbtjb1t.jpg

1panua6tod3s.jpg

• Baller

@Dysco Since it’s your thread, and you went there...?

Wall mounted battery chargers; and you could adapt these custom bars to wall mount tools as well. They leverage the tool’s belt hook. Don’t forget 3D printed battery holders - sweet. (Amazon finds!)

rxw2jkp22xbg.jpeg

008r8rzx0o29.jpeg

ypauy4panc62.jpeg

• Baller

I'm going to add a new post to this thread. I got a Rocker Rack for my slaloms. Contact them directly to order as the snow ski/snowboard version are all that is currently on Amazon etc. Let Peter know you want the waterski version. He's a great guy and wants feedback to perfect the product ( it's about perfect as is and absolutely worth buying).

I finally hung some shelving and decided the Rocker Rack would fit perfect at the end of it. In a couple pics I have my ski skin on as well, I just slightly widened the arms. Works perfectly and gives my skis a out of the way, and safe place to hang out. I really like the vertical storage vs horizontal. Very happy. ubshkzkl6bqd.jpg

5l4jei1fcc95.jpg

3kd7esvq7am0.jpg

y4duznu3mdpa.jpg

• Baller

Just built this rack for my garage.  It’s just some 1/2 inch plywood I had left over from a flooring project.  About half an hour with a jigsaw and an hour painting.  Got a welcome Matt from the dollar store and cut into 1/2” strips to give my skis a nice soft non marking surface to rest on.  

54F3E216-E68F-4418-B1E8-106589FAD052.jpeg

995B7F4B-C385-4E49-99E4-41695ACECE3A.jpeg

• Like 2