Horton

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller

@dbski The bluegills harmlessly nip you at Timberlake (likely site of the 2022 Eastern Regionals) as well. People tell you to be ready for it when you get in the water at the starting dock, but it still freaks us out when it happens.

Maybe they should try to sell it as “dermaplaning” and up charge for the spa treatment.

Lpskier

• Administrators

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

California Ski Ranch ☆ Connelly ☆ Denali ☆ Eden Lake ☆ Goode ☆ HO Syndicate MasterCraft ☆ Masterline ☆ 

Pentalogo ☆ Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes 

About Horton

• Administrators

California Ski Ranch ☆ Connelly ☆ Denali ☆ Eden Lake ☆ Goode ☆ HO Syndicate MasterCraft ☆ Masterline ☆ 

Pentalogo ☆ Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes 

About Horton

• Administrators
no

About Horton

• Administrators
IDK

About Horton

• Baller

Hollister sits on the western foothills of the Diablo Range, which is where the San Andreas Fault runs. Hollister is one of at least three California towns to claim the title of "Earthquake Capital of the World," the other two being Coalinga and Parkfield.

OOPS...sorry! haha...everybody's got problems!

• Administrators
meh. I have lived in California most of my life. I have been in a lot of big quakes. Usually sort of fun. I do not know anyone who has ever been hurt in one. It happens but no need to worry.

About Horton

• Administrators
@ScottScott The fact you can see them is the scary part

About Horton

• Members

@Horton nah, the scary part is the knowledge that for every one you see, there are a handful asleep on the bottom. It's best if you can't touch bottom when you drop at the end of the course....

Or the thought that a big mounth of teeth could emerge from the dark murky depths below when replacing buoys. Or when you get the buoy in the boat and squeeze it and water shoots out of a line of a 1/2 dozen small picture holes.

A couple weeks ago the guy skiing before me had a gator splash between him and boat during gate pullout.

Scary is the thought that one could surface in your path causing you to Wipeout next to the gator you just pissed off.

It builds character.

• Baller

I might be the only one to actually hit a large Gator while skiing. It happened back in 2003 right as it was getting dark on the Turnpike Lake at Okeeheelee. 35 off, max speed, just crossed the wakes between 1 and 2. Never saw it. It was like someone tied a chain between my ski and a tree and said, Hit Max speed and lets see what happens. Hit so hard, so fast, broke my nose and my front ankle in 3 places.

I asked my Daughter what happened to find out the Gator surfaced right in front of me and when I hit him and slammed down, it rolled him over on his back and he dove under never to be seen again.

Asked the Ortho how long before I can ski again. His answer, you should be asking if you'll ever walk again....It was nearly 2 years and lots of rehab before I skied again.

• Administrators
@B_S that is exactly the place. Everyone should stay away. Far away.

About Horton

• Administrators

@ralI slept through it. Epicenter is 150 +/- miles north.

About Horton

• Administrators

standing in my kitchen drinking coffee. just had a 4.0 earthquake. no big deal. no sharks try to bite my leg. No alligators tried to drag me to the bottom and wrap me around a slalom anchor. 

About Horton

• Baller

@skibrainMy veterinary alarm bells went off reading your post. Don't know about your state, but here in WA bats are our rabies reservoir, and I believe that's true world wide.  Concerns me that bat is sitting there for a pic - did it fly away, did you guys handle it, was it against your buddy's skin putting on the top? If you have the bat it can be tested for rabies. If you don't PLEASE have your friend discuss this with his doc Monday as rabies treatment may be needed.

Edited by Rednucleus