Look who’s complaining

MNshortliner

• Baller
@MNshortliner is spot on. This topic really fires me up. Almost every other form of water activity can coexist. I may not want to ski at the same time as any other boater but many recreational skiers would be happy to ski with some bass boats or a smaller wake boat. One wake surfing boat means everyone leaves except tubers being pulled from boat capable of handling the big wakes. Two wake surfing boats means everyone is gone. Add the common loud music surfers play and we don't even want to be at the doc. Laws for distance and noise are useless since the police and fish and game both refuse to enforce and say the other has jurisdiction on the public lake. Nothing will change. Lake businesses love surfers. It's a lot of people, a lot of gas, and a lot of money. Maybe the fishing community could make a difference because of the money they bring but I'm not sure.

• Baller
If not time slots, then whole weekends. In my area of TX, holiday weekends ban personal watercraft. It could be any type of craft. It could be wake sport boats for the 1st weekend of the month. The easier to remember when it is/isn't allowed, the easier it is to comply.

• Baller
@chrislandy To this day my kids get nervous when they see a surf boat near us. We got swapped pretty good on our houseboat couple years ago. Every time they see one they are quick to point it out. Could be that we live on a private ski lake and don’t get out on public water much.