Waterski Journal n°1

waterskination

• Baller

Sweet. Awesome effort, love it. My only request would be make it either a print publication soon or a nice responsive design website soon instead if not. The digimag format is a rough user experience (always has been).

Maybe get some subscription pre-commitments to fund the first few print issues?

thank you all guys! really appreciate your support!

I'm working on an application so we can subscribe and be aware when the journal is out but it's still under process.

For a print version, the cost is too high for the moment but I will try to make it happen.

I let you guys know through Ball Of Spray, and again, thanks for the support!!

• Baller

I would subscribe to a print version. The long winter season is approaching, unfortunately.

How about some articles on ski schools and what else there is to do while there, the whole vacation trip? More interviews. technical stuff such as fin adjustments, installing inserts, course maintenance, boat and trailer maintenance, stuff we all need to know. Gear, we all need more gear!

• Baller

@liquid d, you're wrong. Niche print publishing is absolutely a thing. As a watch guy I've seen Hodinkee.com start as digital then now release a premium print magazine alongside the website. The print magazine is $32 per issue. In waterskiing there's a huge opportunity for beautiful photography and layouts, it's absolutely ripe for print. I don't know what happened at Bonnier but not pivoting the Waterski mag business model was a mistake and/or there was no appetite for such a revenue stream at such a big publisher. It'll be a very nice little annuity for whoever is bold enough to execute on this.

The advertising base is small but the subscription revenue opportunity is where the money is on this sort of thing. Any advertising then becomes gravy. Advertising revenue is a PITA to depend on for any business.