Syndicate Hilltop Pro-AM (WebCast)

ROBOT

• Baller

Miles Sand and Gravel Co., is proud to be the Official Webcast Sponsor of the Syndicate Hilltop Pro-Am, August 15th and 16th 2020.

The tournament will feature some of the top Pro men and women skiers from around the world and some of the top amateur skiers from the Northwest.

• Baller
@wade and @TonyLightfoot you’re a great team! Real pro’s. So fun to watch, and what’s really cool for me is turning up the volume and listening as l’m doing things around the house. Reminds me of being a kid, sitting with my Granpop and listening to Ashburn and Kalas announce a Phillies game on the radio.

• Baller
This is how pro tournament should be covered. I really liked the camera angles selected at the given times, there were good after pass angles, and the commentary provided good info to the audience. Plus, the picture quality was some of the best I've seen for a streamed tournament. I wish they all could be like this (including the other one this weekend).

• Baller
Thinking more about this. The heart rate, forces, extra cameras, information about what the skier is doing, and overall quality of video are what we really need. It shows just how hard this sport is to people who have never run a course. The average weekend warrior understands that 185 BPM is really high and that 800 lbs of force is top level athlete, especially when on one ski and moving at 60 mph. Add decent discussions between passes, similar to between football plays, and it's really fun to watch. It also helps that these are athletic attractive men and women, let's be honest that it does help for all viewers. The sport needs all of this to become better known and enjoyable.

• Baller_
@vtmecheng, I agree. That data is great to distinguish what those athletes are really doing out there. I would also love to see it compared to auto racing in terms of acceleration turn to turn and deceleration into the turn over the same distances and same relatively tightness of the turns. Think about racecars going out of one tight hairpin turn through a straightaway into another tight hairpin turn in about 200 total feet. What is the delta in their speed from in the apex of the turn to the peak on the straightaway before the next turn? What rate of acceleration and deceleration do they achieve to do that and do they do it in 2.55 seconds (or 2.68)?

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Total appreciation for what Tony and his folks accomplished...Tony does a great job by bringing in Pro Skiers to Co-Anchor the narration...Freddy Kruger and Wade Cox added so much to the commentary, turning them into coaching sessions for the rest of us.

It is just fantastic to not only enjoy watching the competition but to also learn something in the process. Really enjoyed seeing the ZO settings for the skiers, which for some I was surprised to see.

Thanks so much to Tony and the TWBC for outstanding coverage. The Bar has really been raised...GREAT JOB "THANKS SO MUCH."

• Baller
I rarely watch tournaments, but I did watch for 4-5 hours on Saturday afternoon. It was really well done, and very interesting with the guests and commentary. I wish the camera from the boat was a little clearer, but I'm sure that's much easier said than done. Either way, you did a great job getting my wife and I to watch for hours. She doesn't know any of the skiers or how tournaments go, but she was fascinated.

• Baller

I really enjoyed watching the Amatuers ski, there should be more of it, the relief on some of their faces , when they ran the opener, the varying styles and different levels of skiers, were interesting to watch.

It is not all about the Pro,s , it,s about participating, are we missing a opportunity. To create interest with weekly or monthly webcasts, at different sites or is the logistics and cost prohibitive.