Glove recomendations

acmx

• Members
I used 41 Tails for years but the last couple pairs didn't hold up. I switched to the Rathbun amara gloves which were great, but they quit making them. Tried the MSN thin gloves but they tore my hands up. So looking for some gloves that will hold up, prefer amara but not against kevlar. Tell me what you like and why, thanks.

• Baller
+1 @markn post. Have tried them all and Connelly Claw 3.0 are the best I've ever found. Fit great, durable, none of the inside out bulk, great grip. Connelly really has improved their gloves with the 3rd gen Claw series. I had issues with others prior but again these have performed amazingly well vs all the others tried including HO and Radar. I'm a big fan........

• Baller

I think it all depends on hand size and other factors (finger length, big fingers or thin fingers, etc). For me the inside out gloves are a bit too wide and have some slop in the palm (even with the BOA). For this season I went and got some of the new HO 41 tails. I actually went another size smaller (xs) than previous glove sizes as the ax’s was very snug in my palm.

One of the main goals in finding the right glove is to minimize the amount of slip between the glove and your hand. This will minimize blisters and give you the best grip on the handle.

• Baller

@acmx no problem with sizing. You know what they say about big hands......big gloves!

Sizing has been very consistent as each pair fits the same. Have used 41 tails and have gone back and forth with L and XL. Claws L fit perfectly and retain the sizing even after heavy use.

• Baller
Radar Boa K, literally the best gloves ever made. I’ve been using a pair for 2 full seasons, and they are still great. I used to go thru 2 pairs a season. The boa is awesome, you can tighten down between passes and really cinch them down.

• Baller
Another vote for Stealth gloves. Like you I had the red 41 tails and loved them but they changed them. Have been skiing with the black stealth Kevlar ones for a couple of years and they are great. Very durable. Will last me an entire season.

• Baller

I'm surprised there's not more love here for the Miami Nautique gloves. That's what I'm using now. I used to use Straightlines gloves and really liked them but their quality seemed to start dropping (stitching, mainly).

I like the Miami Nautiques. They're certainly thinner than others but I find they grip well and I'm on my second season with them. My only complaint is the Velcro. I'm always pushing it back down and usually if I crash all of the Velcro comes undone. Not a big deal. I usually have it fixed by the time my wife decides it's still worth it to have me around the house and comes back and gets me (some days this is a longer internal debate than others).