What is the last line length....

MNshortliner

• Baller

Not sure of the question but for me, i would say 32 off is the last loop you can run with bad technique.

Been trying to run 35 with same bad habits for 13 years with no success...yet.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Supporting Member
Trying to guess at the underlying meaning of the question, I feel -35 is the first line where you have to relinquish your psychological addiction to feeling wide an early. It absolutely CAN be run wide and early, but ironically that becomes harder if you TRY to run it wide and early, instead of respecting the geometry of the handle path.

• Baller

@The_MS I haven’t done that since I skied with you.

As for the original question, I am running 35’s at 34mph and they are starting to feel pretty good but I’m trying to cut the bouts tight. Just wondering if getting wider and cutting the back side of the buoy would be a better approach.

• Members

There is no one answer. “Wide and early” is a relative term. Relative to how you normally approach buoys at a given pass. I have felt wide and early at 38 before, but what I thought was “early” would not have been perceived as early by a top skier. Felt earlier than normal to ME though.

I would say 35 is the first pass I can’t get crazy wide. Not that getting crazy wide is a good plan, but sometimes it happens, especially after going back to 32 for the last pass back to the dock after skiing 38 for a few passes.