Fun video of me and a buddy learning the slalom course

csb146

A friend of my mine asked a few months back if I wanted to learn to slalom ski with him and I jumped at the chance. I've been on a ski maybe 5 times in my life, and that was about 10 years ago, but it's starting to make sense. We're running 30mph -15 but going for the closer buoys (I think there about 3ft closer).

Learning to Slalom Water Ski from Trailer Triathlete on Vimeo.

• Baller
I like it! It wasn't too long ago that I was where you are right now. In my experience, it is beginners with spirit like you guys that progress the fastest. Your willingness to try hard and take crashes will lead you to smooth runs soon. Keep it up!

@RGilmore There are buoys on each side. Left hand are a little closer. Right hand are standard.

@Rednucleus There are a few very good skiers at the lake we're skiing at that have being coaching us along and it's really helped.

• Baller

I love your video. I love the enthusiasm and the spirit.

However, if there is any way you can upgrade that KD7000, I think that would be a big step forward. I had the KD6500 for almost 15 years and loved it. With that being said, though, I really don't think it's the best ski currently available for learning the course.

If you don't have the money, then by all means, keep riding what you got and keep loving it. But if you do have a few spare bucks, you could get even a 10 year old used radar theory that I think would be significantly better for learning the course.

@escmanaze I just bought a ski today. I used that KD just because it was there, and I just wanted to see if I’d like skiing. It’s way to big for me (68-69 i’m 150lb) and everyone says it’s not the best ski to learn on, so hopefully my new ski will help my learning.