recommended epoxy for filling holes in trick ski?

Rob

• Baller
I'm re-purposing my old trick ski for use by my 10 year old son. I can get the front boot where I need it using the inserts but the RTP needs to be moved 1/2-3/4" forward, and there are no inserts for it. Before I drill new holes, the old ones need to be filled. There are around 100 different types of epoxies out there - could anyone recommend one for this purpose? I'm looking for one that will cure slightly flexible given the application, and of course is at least water resistant if not fully waterproof. Any recommendations appreciated, thanks!

• Baller

this is the stuff you need, great for filling holes, fixing jump ski or trick ski rubber edges. Put it in and use a glue accelerator and you can ski a minute after using it. Great stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/IC-2000-Rubber-Toughened-1oz-Adhesive-Glue/dp/B002N507I0/ref=asc_df_B002N507I0/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345016189446&psc=1

• Baller
If there is a risk of wanting to use those other holes at any point in the future I take clear silicone blob it onto the hole then stick a square of masking tape to it and press it down. Once cured you can peel off the masking tape and have a sealed hole which at any point in the future you can run a screw right threw into the old hole.

• Baller
Or JB Weld. Then sand the top of the ski flat. You can redrill and use the hole again or it'll just seal the surface. Be sure to get it into the hole really well to be sure there are not air pockets. Typically as it dries it'll shrink down into the hole. Just add a second layer. It'll sand like fiberglass.